River Plaza, New Jersey
River Plaza, New Jersey
Looking west along Front Street
|Elevation||30 ft (9 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||882616|
The settlement is mainly made up of small single-family homes on a peninsula between the river and lake, though parts of the community stretch north of the lake. The community's one elementary school, River Plaza Elementary, is located north of the lake on Hubbard Avenue (County Route 12). The other major road in River Plaza, Front Street, carries CR 10 east of Hubbard Avenue and travels to Red Bank via the Hubbards Bridge over the Navesink River.
People who were born in, are residents of, or otherwise closely associated with River Plaza include:
- Peter Dobson (born 1964), actor who had a cameo role in Forrest Gump as Elvis Presley.
- Debbie Harry (born 1945), singer-songwriter and actress, lead singer of the band Blondie.
- Olivia Nuzzi (born 1993), political journalist.
- "River Plaza". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- Google (December 15, 2015). "Aerial view of River Plaza" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved December 15, 2015.
- Chesek, Tom. "Archive: A Sneak Preview in Circuit City", Upper Wet Side, April 22, 2011. Accessed March 20, 2018. "Red Bank area native, movie actor and filmmaker Peter Dobson directing his project EXIT 102, which climaxes a daylong Reels & Wheels event at various venues in Asbury Park.... Peter Dobson: I was born in Riverview Hospital; lived on West Front Street out by River Plaza.... I went to Lincroft Elementary, Thompson Junior High and Middletown High School South — where I spent two years in tenth grade. I also lived for a while in Loch Arbour, so I have very vivid memories of hanging out in Asbury Park."
- Ward, John -- "I... Will... Drive Past Your House...", Red Bank Green, June 1, 2006. Accessed March 20, 2018. "It seems the frontwoman for Blondie has a house on The Green. Records on file in Freehold show that Harry paid $1 million for a 2.1-acre property on Shadow Lake in the River Plaza section of Middletown in April, 2003. The seller was the Edwin J. Dobson III Trust." River Plaza is serviced by the Red Bank Post Office.
- Burton, John. "What It's Like on the Campaign Trail: Middletown's Olivia Nuzzi Reports for the Daily Beast", The Two River Times, February 25, 2016. Accessed March 20, 2018. "Nuzzi grew up in the River Plaza section of Middletown, where her mother still lives, and graduated from Middletown High School South."
|This Monmouth County, New Jersey state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|