River Valley Transit
|Headquarters||1500 West Third Street|
|Service type||bus service, paratransit|
Officially named as the Williamsport Bureau of Transportation the system is called River Valley Transit to describe the mission and coverage area of the service. RVT was previously known as City Bus prior to the summer of 2005.
The city of Williamsport is home to the McDade Trade and Transit Center, which is the main station and central hub for all the bus routes. Relative to Williamsport and the main bus station, the service area includes the following:
- to the south, across the West Branch Susquehanna River are the boroughs of South Williamsport and Duboistown;
- to the west are Woodward and Piatt Townships, and the borough of Jersey Shore;
- to the north is Old Lycoming Township, including Garden View and Grimesville;
- and to the east are Loyalsock Township, and the boroughs of Montoursville, Muncy, and Hughesville, with Montgomery to the southeast, across the river.
The Trade & Transit Center is located in downtown Williamsport, which is the central hub to the bus system. It is located between West Third Street, Pine Street, and Laurel Street. Also located next to the Trade & Transit Center is the Transit Scoop, where you can pass a few minutes with a bite to eat. On the south side of West Third Street is the parking garage, allowing for riders to park their vehicles and ride the buses.
Daytime bus service officially begins at 5:30 a.m., and continues until 7:00 p.m. After 7:00 p.m., the two Nightline buses provide service hourly as far east as the Lycoming Mall and as far west as the Reach Road industrial park. The 'late' bus provides outbound only service going west, and offers transportation to employees at the Reach Road Industrial Park at 11 p.m.
Saturday services deviate from the weekday schedules on select routes. Deviations can be a shorter route, not running as many trips, or not running at all (due to redundancy of another route or low ridership on Saturday). RVT does not operate scheduled routes on Sunday. The Little League World Series is the one exception where scheduled service is offered on Sunday.
Current as of September 2008
On the bus:
- $2.00 - 1-ride
- $2.50 - 2-ride OR 1-day
Passes purchased at the Trade & Transit Center:
- $2.00 - 1-day
- $10.00 - 7-day
- $35.00 - 31-day
- $10.00 - 10-ride
- $18.00 - 20-ride
- 4 for $5.00 - 1-ride tokens
- Transfers - FREE
- valid for (1) hour
- Children age 5 or less - FREE
- Youth age 17 or less - $1.00
- Seniors age 65+ with ID
- Disabled (with ID) - $1.00
- Student (with ID) - $0.75 (school days only)
- Full-time Lycoming College and Pennsylvania College of Technology students ride for free at all times by showing valid college-issued ID.
|Transportation Manufacturing Corporation||RTS-06||40 ft||601|
|Transportation Manufacturing Corporation||RTS-06||35 ft||32||701, 702, 706|
|New Flyer Industries||D40LF||40 ft||39||801-803|
|Chance Coach, Inc.||RT-52||805, 806, 809, 810|
|Transportation Manufacturing Corporation||RTS-08||35 ft||807, 808|
|New Flyer Industries||D35LF||35 ft||29||901, 902, 905, 906|
|Optima||Opus||30 ft||903, 904|
|Optima||Opus||35 ft||907, 908|
|Freightliner LLC||van||909, 910|
|Gillig||BRT||35 ft||1101–1103, 1107-1109|
|Gillig||BRT||40 ft||1104–1106, 1201|
|GMC||RTS-06||35 ft||502||2009 Summer|
|Transportation Manufacturing Corporation||RTS-06||40 ft||602||2009 Summer|
|Transportation Manufacturing Corporation||RTS-06||35 ft||603||unknown|
|Transportation Manufacturing Corporation||RTS-06||35 ft||604||2009 Summer|
|Transportation Manufacturing Corporation||RTS-06||35 ft||704-705||2007 January|
- Newberry via Fourth Street
- Park Avenue/Garden View
- South Side
- East End
- West Third Street/Industrial Park
- Williamsport Regional Airport
- Valley View Connector
- Tri-Town Connector via Hughesville
- Tri-Town Connector via Montgomery
- Jersey Shore Connector
- Lycoming Mall
- Downtown Connector
- All transit buses in active service are handicapped accessible
- have kneeling feature (right front)
- have wheelchair accessibility
- RTS buses have the wheelchair lift at the rear door.
- 801-803 and 901-908, 1101-1106 are ramp accessible.