The River Weaver Navigation Society is a waterway society concerned with the River Weaver, from Winsford to its confluence with the Manchester Ship Canal.
The Society is based at the Weaver Hall Museum and Workhouse, Northwich, Cheshire, it was founded in 1977 and has more than 100 members. Committee members attend meetings with navigation authorities, local government departments, and other waterways organisations.
Projects and activities
- Restoration of Frodsham Lock
- Development of Frodsham waterfront
- Replacement of Riversdale Bridge
- Encouragement of commercial traffic
- Reinstatement of all locks on the Weaver Navigation
- Improve interpretation
- Restoration of mileposts and marker posts
- Improvement of water quality
- More access for pedestrians, horse riders, cyclists
- Boater-operated locks
- Improving water, waste disposal, temporary mooring