Rivera International Airport
Pres. Gral. Óscar D. Gestido International Airport
Aeropuerto Internacional Pres. Gral. Óscar D. Gestido
Santana do Livramento, Brazil
|Elevation AMSL||712 ft / 217 m|
Pres. Gral. Óscar D. Gestido International Airport (IATA: RVY, ICAO: SURV), formerly called Cerro Chapeu International Airport, is an airport serving Rivera, the capital of Rivera Department in Uruguay, and also serving Santana do Livramento, Brazil. The airport is in the countryside 8 kilometres (5 mi) southeast of Rivera.
The airport was opened on June 16, 1979, and is named after Óscar Diego Gestido (1901-1967), President of Uruguay in 1967.
There are low wooded hills north and east of the runway. The Tacuarembo VOR-DME (Ident: TMB) is located 51.9 nautical miles (96 km) south-southwest of the airport. The Rivera non-directional beacon (Ident: RV) is located on the field.
Airlines and destinations
No scheduled flights operate at this airport.
- Airport information for Rivera International Airport at Great Circle Mapper.
- "Rivera International Airport". Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 9 February 2019.
- "Rivera Airport". SkyVector. Retrieved 9 February 2019.
- "Rivera NDB". Our Airports. Retrieved 9 February 2019.
- "Tacuarembo VOR". Our Airports. Retrieved 9 February 2019.