|• Mayor||Naheed Nenshi|
|• Administrative body||Calgary City Council|
|• Councillor||Gian-Carlo Carra|
|• Total||3.0 km2 (1.2 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,020 m (3,350 ft)|
|• Average Income||$78,574|
|Website||Riverbend Community Association|
Riverbend is a residential neighbourhood in the south-east quadrant of Calgary, Alberta. It is bounded to the north by Glenmore Trail, to the east by 24 Street E and to the west by Deerfoot Trail. It is developed in the Bow River floodplain, on its escarpment and the upland plain.
Riverbend was established as a neighbourhood in 1982. It is represented in the Calgary City Council by the Ward 9 councillor.
Residents in this community had a median household income of $78,574 in 2000, and there were 6.1% low income residents living in the neighbourhood. As of 2000, 17.3% of the residents were immigrants. A proportion of 2.5% of the buildings were condominiums or apartments, and 3.5% of the housing was used for renting.
This neighbourhood has one public elementary school: Riverbend Elementary School (K-6), and one Catholic school: Holy Angels Elementary School. (K-6)
- "Calgary Elections". City of Calgary. 2017. Retrieved November 12, 2017.
- City of Calgary (2006). "Riverbend Community Statistics" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2008-04-11. Retrieved 2007-05-16.
- "2013 Civic Census Results" (PDF). City of Calgary. 2013. Retrieved August 20, 2013.
- "Community Boundaries" (Esri shapefile). City of Calgary. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- "2012 Civic Census Results" (PDF). City of Calgary. 2012. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2004). "Ward 9 Profile" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2010-07-23."Ward 12 Profile" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2007-08-09. Retrieved 2007-05-16.
|This Calgary-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|