Rivercrest High School (Arkansas)
|Rivercrest High School|
1700 AR 14 West
|School type||Public comprehensive|
|School district||Rivercrest School District|
|NCES School ID||050004501204|
|Teaching staff||51.59 (on FTE basis)|
|• Grade 7||108|
|• Grade 8||102|
|• Grade 9||137|
|• Grade 10||90|
|• Grade 11||73|
|• Grade 12||93|
|Student to teacher ratio||11.69|
|Education system||ADE Smart Core|
|Classes offered||Regular, Advanced Placement (AP)|
|Campus type||Rural; remote|
|Athletics||Basketball, Soccer, Softball|
|Athletics conference||4A Region 3 (2018–20)|
|Team name||Rivercrest Colts|
|Affiliation||Arkansas Activities Association|
Rivercrest High School is a comprehensive public high school located in unincorporated Mississippi County, Arkansas, United States, in proximity to Marie and with a Wilson postal address. It is the only high school administered by the Rivercrest School District (formerly the Southern Mississippi County School District) and houses the district's administrative offices.
It is one of six public high schools in Mississippi County. The school provides secondary education in grades 7 through 12 to students in the communities of Wilson, Tyronza, Joiner, Birdsong, Dyess, Frenchmans Bayou, Bassett, Keiser, Osceola, Manila, Etowah, Blytheville, Luxora, Victoria, Lepanto, Driver, and Marie.
The assumed course of study follows the Smart Core curriculum developed by the Arkansas Department of Education (ADE), which requires students complete at least 22 units prior to graduation. Students complete regular coursework and exams and may take Advanced Placement (AP) courses and exam with the opportunity to receive college credit. Rivercrest High School is accredited by the ADE and is accredited as a charter member of AdvancED (formerly North Central Association).
The Rivercrest High School mascot and athletic emblem is the Colt with red and gray serving as the school colors.
The Rivercrest Colts compete in interscholastic activities within the 4A Classification administered by the Arkansas Activities Association. The Warriors play within the 4A Region 3 Conference and participate in football, golf (boys/girls), cross country (girls only), swimming (girls only), basketball (boys/girls), cheer, and track (boys/girls).
- Football: The Rivercrest Colts football teams have won three state football championships (1985, 2010, 2017).
- Golf: The girls golf teams won its first and only state championship in 2011.
- Basketball: The boys teams have won two state basketball championships (1990, 2011). The girls teams have won three state championships (1974, 1978, 1980).
- Track and field: The boys track and field teams have won three state championships (1993, 2010, 2011).
Clubs and traditions
Students may also engage in a variety of clubs and organizations such as: Beta Club, Future Farmers of America (FFA), Student Council, Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA), FCCLA, Band, Student Council, and Quiz Bowl.
- Ann Clemmer (1976)—Republican member of the Arkansas House of Representatives from Saline County
- Cortez Kennedy—Former professional football player; inductee, NFL Hall of Fame.
- "Search for Public Schools - Rivercrest High School (050004501204)". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 11 August 2019.
- "Schools." Rivercrest School District. Retrieved on August 20, 2017. "Contact Address: 1700 W. State Hwy 14 Wilson, AR 72395" and "Rivercrest High School 1700 W. State Hwy. 14 Wilson, AR 72395"
- "Institution Summary, Rivercrest High School". AdvancED. Retrieved 11 January 2013.
- "School Profile, Rivercrest High School". Arkansas Activities Association. Retrieved 11 August 2019.
- "Ann Clemmer, R-23". arkansashouse.org. Retrieved January 8, 2014.