The Riverdale Jewish Center is an Orthodox synagogue in the Riverdale neighborhood of the Bronx, New York City.
For the past 31 year, Rabbi Dr. Jonathan Rosenblatt has served as the congregation's senior rabbi.
In the 2009 New York City bomb plot the New York City Police Department foiled a plot by American Muslims to bomb the synagogue. On May 30, 2009, New York Governor David Paterson announced he would give the Center and the Riverdale Reform Temple $25,000 each to improve their security.
On February 25, 2016, following months of negative press, Rabbi Rosenblatt announced his plans to step aside from his role as senior rabbi of the Riverdale Jewish Center.
- ^ Freedman, Samuel G. "Two Rabbis Find They’re Separated Only by Doctrine", The New York Times', May 30, 2009.
- ^ Ohlheiser, Michelle Boorstein, Abby; Larimer, Sarah (2014-11-18). "American victims of synagogue attack include rabbi from 'family of princes'". The Washington Post. ISSN 0190-8286. Retrieved 2016-03-29.
- ^ Staff, JLNJ. "RJC: Rabbi Rosenblatt to Step Down". The Jewish Link of Bronx, Westchester & Connecticut. Retrieved 2016-03-29.
- ^ Hernandez, Javier C.; Chan, Sewell. "N.Y. Bomb Plot Suspects Acted Alone, Police Say", The New York Times, May 21, 2009.
- ^ "Targeted Bronx synagogues to get security funds", Jewish Telegraphic Agency, June 2, 2009.
Coordinates: 40°53′16.89″N 73°54′45.97″W / 40.8880250°N 73.9127694°W