Riverina Theatre Company
Riverina Trucking Company
Riverina Theatre Company was located in the Riverina Playhouse
Wagga Wagga, New South Wales
|Owner||Charles Sturt University|
Riverina Theatre Company (also known as the RTC) was established in 1976 as the Riverina Trucking Company however changed its name to the Riverina Theatre Company in 1983. It was the longest serving theatre company in Regional Australia.
In 2005 Riverina Theatre Company lost $150,000 in funding from The Australia Council after the Council's director of theatre found that the application for funding wasn't strong enough.
On 17 March 2009, the board members of the Riverina Theatre Company decided to place the RTC into liquidation after the RTC lost government grants of up to A$300,000 and the failure of last two productions to being in income.
References and notes
- "Riverina Theatre Company". Theatre Australia. Archived from the original on 13 April 2014. Retrieved 16 March 2008.
- Australia's Culture and Recreation Portal, Australian Government Department of the Environment, Water, Heritage and the Arts
- Riverina Theatre Company loses funding, Australian Broadcasting Corporation
- Theatre company takes cue from CSU, Australian Broadcasting Corporation
- University to revamp Riverina Playhouse, Australian Broadcasting Corporation
- Grimson, Ken (2009-03-19). "Curtain falls on theatre company". The Daily Advertiser. Retrieved 2009-03-19.
|This theatre-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|