Riverlink Shopping Centre
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Riverlink is a mall located in the northern area of the CBD of Ipswich, Queensland, Australia. Stage One (Riverlink West) was opened on 5 April 2007, whereas Stage 2 (Riverlink East) opened on 31 May 2007.
After months of planning and discussion the Ipswich City Council proposed a development known as the Riverheart Precinct which would turn the Bremer River, which runs through Ipswich, into the focal point of the city.
On the Southern banks of the Riverheart Precinct are the parklands, riverside broadwalk and unique light and water displays. On the northern bank of the river is the Riverlink Shopping Centre.
- Anchored by 7 major and 'mini-major' stores
- Over 100 other specialty stores
- Floor space of 52,000m2
- Approximately 2,000 car spaces
Riverlink is divided by a train line into two areas, Riverlink West and the smaller Riverlink East.
From the Ipswich Train Station, the 515 Riverlink Bus 504 service provides the closest stop.
- "Ipswich City Council". River Heart. Archived from the original on 8 December 2006. Retrieved 27 January 2007.
- "Riverlink Project Grows Rapidly". The Queensland Times. 7 February 2007.