|Studio album by Rivermaya|
|Recorded||Audio Captain Inc. (Additional tracks recorded at Perfect Music Studio)|
BMG Records (Pilipinas) Inc.
|Producer||Chito S. Roño, Perfecto de Castro & Lizza G. Nakpil|
|Singles from Rivermaya|
RiverMaya is the debut self-titled album of the Filipino rock band, Rivermaya. Containing 11 tracks, it was released in 1994 on BMG Records (Pilipinas) Inc. (now Sony Music Philippines, Inc.). It is the only full album to feature original guitarist Perf de Castro.
All songs were written by Rico Blanco except where noted.
|1.||"Revolution"||Rico Blanco / Nathan Azarcon||3:36|
|2.||"Bring Me Down"||4:32|
|3.||"Ground"||Perf de Castro||5:06|
|5.||"Ulan"||Rico Blanco / Nathan Azarcon||4:29|
|6.||"Halik sa Araw"||Perf de Castro / Rico Blanco||3:57|
|7.||"Gravity"||Perf de Castro||4:10|
|10.||"Awit ng Kabataan"||4:50|
|11.||"(Instrumental/Outro of Revolution)"||0:49|
"Ulan" was the first single released off this album, during the last quarter of 1993.
"214" is a pop rock/ballad song, released as the second official single. It went to number one spot in various charts in the Philippines. It replaced Eraserheads hit song "With a Smile" in N.U. 107.5 on 1994.
"Awit ng Kabataan", a folk, pop rock anthem, was released as the third single.
This album was critically praised for its fresh, excitingly-new pop/rock sound. It become one of the best sellers in the 1990s and most of the song remains timeless and popular to the mainstream to this day.
- Francisco "Bamboo" Mañalac (lead vocals)
- Rico Blanco (keyboard, guitar, vocals)
- Perfecto "Perf" de Castro (lead/rhythm guitar)
- Nathan Azarcon (bass guitar)
- Mark Escueta (drums & percussion)
- Producers: Bamboo Mañalac, Mark Escueta, Perfecto de Castro, Nathan Azarcon, Rico Blanco, Chito S. Roño & Lizza G. Nakpil
- Executive Producers: Buddy Medina & Rudy Tee
- A & R: Vic Valenciano
- Sound Engineer: Arnold Jallores
- Album Mix: Arnold Jallores w/ Perf de Castro & Rico Blanco
- Recorded at Audio Captain Inc.
- Additional tracks recorded at Perfect Music Studio
- Art Direction: Mario Joson
- Album Design: DFX
- Album Photography: Raymund Isaac