Riverside Avenue Bridge
Location in Fairfield County and the state of Connecticut.
|Time zone||Eastern (UTC-5:00)|
|• Summer (DST)||Eastern (UTC-4:00)|
The town of Greenwich is one political and taxing body, but consists of several distinct sections or neighborhoods, such as Banksville, Byram, Cos Cob, Glenville, Mianus, Old Greenwich, Riverside, and Greenwich (sometimes referred to as central, or downtown, Greenwich). Of these neighborhoods, three (Cos Cob, Old Greenwich, and Riverside) have separate postal names and ZIP codes.
St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, at 200 Riverside Avenue in Riverside, has held its "Fair for All" since 1942. Money raised goes directly to local charities.
Well-known residents of Riverside include Lara Spencer, television journalist, and Lois Darling, an author, illustrator and researcher. Gold Medal ice skater Dorothy Hamill and Columbus Blue Jackets forward Cam Atkinson also grew up in Riverside. Riverside is also home to Frank and Kathie Lee Gifford. New York Rangers forward Martin St. Louis also lives in Riverside with his three sons and wife.
Interstate 95 cuts through the neighborhood.
Riverside has two sites listed on the National Register of Historic Places:
- Riverside Avenue Bridge, Riverside Avenue over railroad tracks; built in 1894; listed in 1977
- Samuel Ferris House, Cary Road; built in about 1760; listed in 1989
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Riverside, Connecticut
- "Race, Hispanic or Latino, Age, and Housing Occupancy: 2010 Census Redistricting Data (Public Law 94-171) Summary File (QT-PL), Riverside CDP, Connecticut". U.S. Census Bureau, American FactFinder 2. Retrieved August 11, 2011.
- "Riverside church to host annual carnival", short article in The Greenwich Post, May 23, 2007
- Costagregni, Susie, "Antares party raises funds for Greenwich YMCA", headline for "The dish with susie" column in The Advocate of Stamford, Connecticut, May 13, 2007, page 2
|This Connecticut state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|