||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (February 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Single by Sidney Samson|
|Released||18 February 2009|
|Format||Airplay, CD single, digital download|
5:21 (original mix)
|Label||Sneakerz Muzik, Data Records|
|Sidney Samson singles chronology|
"Riverside" is a house song released by Dutch DJ Sidney Samson. The "Riverside, motherfucker!" proclamation is the voice of Tupac Shakur sampled from the film Juice (playtime 1:10:25). The song is often censored during prime time, to avoid causing offence.
A vocal mix has been made featuring Wizard Sleeve, released in the UK on 4 January 2010. The song name has been changed to "Riverside (Let's Go!)".
Many British radio stations, including BBC Radio 1, added "Riverside" to their playlists, and as such the single received a high amount of radio play throughout December 2009 and January 2010, in preparation for the single's release.
The song entered the UK Singles Chart at No. 2 on the 10 January 2010.
- Riverside (Explicit Edit) - 3:24
- Riverside (Afrojack Remix) - 5:31
- Riverside (Warren Clarke Remix) - 6:54
- Riverside (Let's Go!) (Dirty Extended Vocal Mix) - 5:09
- Riverside (Let's Go!) (Breakage Remix) - 4:11
|Australian Singles Chart||10|
|Austrian Singles Chart||50|
|Belgian Singles Chart (Wallonia)||13|
|Danish Singles Chart||40|
|Dutch Singles Chart||8|
|2010 Remix featuring Wizard Sleeve|
|Irish Singles Chart||2|
|Scottish Singles Chart||1|
|UK Dance Chart||1|
|UK Singles Chart||2|
|UK Singles (The Official Charts Company)||38|
Released May 2009, the music video features two children who have been hired by 'The Godfather' to collect a package of lollipops from two women. After delivering the goods two lollipops short, 'The Godfather' chases the younger child through the streets, as one of the children sticks 'Riverside' stickers onto various items and eventually slaps a sticker on Sidney himself. The video ends with 'The Godfather' being hit by a Hummer H2. It was filmed on location in Arnhem, the Netherlands, this is visible as the cars have Dutch license plates and showing of a Dutch Police officer. An additional music video has been made for the Wizard Sleeve version, which was directed by James Copeman. It features on screen painting of people and models walking with paintbrushes. You see Wizard Sleeve and Sidney Samson holding pictures and then the camera goes into that picture to reveal the model walking with Sidney Samson rapping in a painting behind her. It later has scenes with him and another model rapping.
As part of the digital campaign in the UK Ministry Of Sound commissioned a viral called 'Riverside Yourself'. This was created by digital agency We Are Shift F7. A popular version of the song has become a sensation on YouTube with the song being performed in a choir style by Julia and Emily. It has since made it to number 5 on MTV's most watched videos.
|Netherlands||18 February 2009||CD Single||Sneakerz Muzik|
|6 March 2009||Radio Mix|
|23 March 2009||Remixes|
|Australia||15 May 2009||CD Single||Neon Records|
|United Kingdom||3 January 2010||Digital Download||Data Records|
|4 January 2010||CD single|
- "danishcharts.com - Sidney Samson - Riverside". danishcharts.com. Retrieved 19 November 2011.
- "The Irish Charts - All there is to know". irishcharts.ie. Retrieved 19 November 2011. Search for Sidney Samson.
- http://www.officialcharts.com/scottish-singles-chart/. Missing or empty
- "Chart Stats - Sidney Samson - Riverside (Let's Go) ft Wizard Sleeve". chartstats.com. Retrieved 19 November 2011.
- "2010 Year-end UK Singles". BBC (BBC Online). 2010-12-26. Retrieved 2010-12-26.
- Riverside (Let's Go) Songfacts
- "Riverside Yourself Viral Microsite". Retrieved 4 Jan 2010