Riverside State Park
|Riverside State Park|
|Washington State Park|
The Bowl and Pitcher formation
|Elevation||1,857 ft (566 m) |
|Area||14,000 acres (5,666 ha)|
|Management||Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission|
|Website: Riverside State Park|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Riverside State Park.|
Riverside State Park is a Washington state park park located 9 miles (14 km) northwest of Spokane in Nine Mile Falls. It is the largest state park in Washington. Park areas include the Bowl and Pitcher, Nine Mile Recreation Area, a 600-acre (240 ha) off-road vehicle park, an equestrian area, a 1,500-acre (610 ha) Little Spokane River natural area, the Spokane House Interpretive Center, and the 37-mile (60 km) long Spokane River Centennial Trail.
Activities and amenities
Park activities include camping, fishing, swimming, picnicking, boating, canoeing, kayaking, bird watching, wildlife viewing, atv riding, horseback riding, biking, hiking and rock climbing. Campgrounds are located at the Bowl and Pitcher, Nine Mile Recreation Area, and Lake Spokane.
- Spokane House Interpretive Center
The Spokane House Interpretive Center features exhibits about the Spokane Indians, early pioneers, fur trappers, traders, the area's fort and military history, and Spokane House, the fur trading post established nearby. It is open on weekends in the summer.
- A suspension bridge, kitchen shelter, and restroom at the Bowl and Pitcher
- Park residence, office, and maintenance shop at Bowl and Pitcher
- Rock walls and much of the roadway of Aubrey White Parkway
- A wood build restroom on the Centennial Trail near the Carlson Trailhead
- Various other trails in the park
- "Riverside State Park". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Park History". Riverside State Park Foundation. Retrieved January 16, 2015.
- "Riverside State Park". Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission. Retrieved October 20, 2015.
- "Riverside State Park". Riverside State Park Foundation. Retrieved January 16, 2015.
- Mueller, Marge. Washington State Parks: A Complete Guide, The Mountaineers Books, 2004, ISBN 0-89886-893-9.
- Riverside State Park Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission
- Riverside State Park Map Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission
- Riverside State Park Foundation