Rivervale is a neighbourhood of Sengkang New Town located between Sungei Serangoon and Compassvale. The house numbers of the public apartment blocks in Rivervale begin with the number '1' (1xx). Rivervale is the first neighbourhood of Sengkang New Town to be built, and many of the existing housing estates in Rivervale were completed by the Housing and Development Board (HDB) in as early as 1997.
Public housing estates
- Rivervale Walk 河谷阁 - Block nos. 101-115 - Pincode 540
- Rivervale Edge 河谷边缘 - Block nos. 116A-117D
- Rivervale Gardens 河谷园 - Block nos. 119A-120D
- Rivervale Bank 河谷堤 - Block nos. 121-122F
- Rivervale Grove 河谷林 - Block nos. 123A-124D
- Rivervale Street 河谷平原 - Block nos. 125-141
- Rivervale Place 河谷坊 - Block nos. 142-149
- Rivervale View 河谷景 - Block nos. 157A-161
- Rivervale Gateway 河谷新门 - Block nos. 183A-192C
- Rivervale Haven 河谷港 - Block nos. 193-197
- Rivervale Contemporary (Pilot BTO) - Block nos. 150-156
- Rivervale Arc 河谷弧度- Block nos. 178A-180D
Private housing estates
- Park Green (Condominium)
- Rivervale Crest (Condominium)
- St Anne's Wood
- The Rivervale (Condominium)
- Austville (Condominium
- Riversound (Condominium: Construction in progress)
- Primary schools
- Secondary schools
Places of worship
- Chinese temples
- Chong Ghee Temple
- Chong Hua Tong Tou Teck Hwee Temple
- Rivervale Plaza
- Rivervale Plaza (Chinese: 鲤河大厦) is the first shopping complex which was open in Sengkang New Town. This shopping centre has about 46 shops and houses the Sengkang HDB Branch Office. The centre has a wet market, an NTUC Fairprice supermarket, two foodcourts, two fast food outlets, a music school and other retail shops that cater to the residents' daily shopping needs.
- Rivervale Mall
- Rivervale Mall (Chinese: 河滨坊) is the first private mixed development in Sengkang New Town, with about 85,000 square feet (7,900 m²) of retail space. The development has a modern architectural design. Retail units include the NTUC FairPrice, McDonald's, NTUC Foodfare, KFC and EC House. It has been recently renovated.
The Rivervale neighbourhood is linked to Sengkang Bus Interchange, MRT/LRT Station at the town centre via bus services originating from the Sengkang Bus Interchange and other parts of the island. The east loop of the Sengkang LRT Line also serves the area, such as Rumbia, Bakau and Kangkar.