|Intercommunality||CA Pays Voironnais|
|• Mayor (2020–2026)||Julien Stevant|
|10.93 km2 (4.22 sq mi)|
|• Density||610/km2 (1,600/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (CEST)|
|Elevation||314–469 m (1,030–1,539 ft)|
|1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km2 (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.|
By road: By motorway (A48) or the Départemental Road, the D1085, between Lyon and Grenoble By train: The TER Lyon Perrache/Saint André le Gaz/Grenoble line. Rives station is a terminus for some TER suburban trains of the Grenoble Metro By plane: Saint Étienne de Saint Geoirs' airport (code GNB) is 15 kilometres away from Rives (20 minutes by car.)
Pays Voironnais network
- The bus line n°10 goes from the railstation to the down-town (route de la Liampre)
- The bus line J stops at Rives
- Some buses of the line M stops at Rives
- The bus line 7300 (Beaurepaire-Grenoble) stops at the station "Rives le plan".
- Some buses of the line 2900 (Vienne-Grenoble) stops at the station "Rives le plan".
- Napoleon Bonaparte spent a night in Rives, on his return from Elba, in a building that is now a bank. A plaque commemorates the visit.
- Luc Court, motor-car builder was born here in 1862.
- Jérémy Clément, footballer of Paris Saint-Germain was originally from Rives.
- Raphaël Poirée, biathlete was born here.
- Forlì del Sannio, Italy
- Refojos de Basto, Portugal