|Dr. Jose P. Rizal
Mount Mantalingajan as seen from Ransang, Rizal
Location within Palawan province
|Region||MIMAROPA (Region IV-B)|
|Congr. district||2nd district|
|Founded||April 14, 1983|
|• Mayor||Norman Ong|
|• Total||1,256.47 km2 (485.13 sq mi)|
|• Density||34/km2 (88/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
Rizal, officially the Municipality of Dr. Jose P. Rizal, is a first class municipality in the province of Palawan, Philippines. According to the 2010 census, it has a population of 42,759 people.
Prior to its formation as a separate municipality, the place was known as Tarumpitao Point and was part of the Municipality of Quezon. By virtue of Batas Pambansa Blg. 386, it was formed as a municipality on April 14, 1983, called Marcos. It was renamed after José Rizal in 1987 through Republic Act No. 6652.
Safety and Well-Being must be considered when trying to travel this area because the place has a very high incidence of malaria.
- Campong Ulay
- Punta Baja
Among the ethnic groups in Rizal are the Tao't Bato people. These people settle in caves during the rainy season and resides at Singnapan Valley area in Barangay Ransang.
|Population census of Rizal|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
- "Municipalities". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 15 November 2012.
- "Province: PALAWAN". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 22 November 2012.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010" (PDF). 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 22 November 2012.
- "History of Rizal Municipality". Official Website of Rizal Palawan. Rizal, Palawan Municipal Government. Retrieved 31 January 2016.
- "Republic Act No. 6652 - An Act Changing the Name of the Municipality of Marcos, Province of Palawan, to Municipality of Dr. Jose P. Rizal". Chan Robles Virtual Law Library. Retrieved 2 March 2016.
- "Batas Pambansa Bilang 386 - An Act Creating the Municipality of Marcos in the Province of Palawan". Chan Robles Virtual Law Library. 14 April 1983. Retrieved 2 March 2016.
- "Municipal Profile". Municipality of Jose P. Rizal. Retrieved 22 November 2012.
- "Province of Palawan". Municipality Population Data. LWUA Research Division. Retrieved 18 July 2013.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
||Kalayaan / South China Sea||Quezon|
|South China Sea||Brooke's Point|
|This article about a location in Mimaropa region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|