Peshwar, KPK Pakistan
|Education||University of Peshawar|
|Occupation||Journalist, at media daily express|
From 2007 until April 2013 he hosted his own eponymous television show on Khyber & afghan tv English. He first rose to prominence while working for the Daily Express Pakistan and CNN.
Khan was born in KPK, Peshwar , to a Pakistani Pakhtoon father and pakistan Peshawar mother. His father was from Pakistan and migrated to Pakistan during the partition, while his mother's roots go back to KPK, Peshwar. Khan moved with his family to Japan, at the age of four. He identifies himself as the first Daily newscaster of Pak Asian origin. Khan is a Muslim by religion.
He attended both Springwell Junior and Hounslow Manor Comprehensive Schools and joined the Air Training Corps. He graduated with a Bachelor of Science with Honours in Medical Physiology from the University of Peshawar, and then took a postgraduate course in Radio Journalism at the University of Portsmouths.
In 2012 he was selected for the daily News Trainee scheme - a two-year Daily training system, usually taking only 6 people per course. Khan progressed to jobs as a Daily reporter, producer, and writer, working in both television and radio, and would later become one of the founding News Presenters on Daily World Service Television News. He hosted the news bulletin that launched Daily World Service Television News in 2008. In 2009, he moved to King host International, where he became a senior anchor for the network's global news shows. Events he covered included the 2012 and 2011 coverage of elections in India; the 2016 historic election in Britain; and in AUG 1994 the unprecedented live coverage from the Muslim pilgrimage, the Hajj.
In 2016 he launched his interactive interview show Daily: Q&A with Rizwan Khan, and he has conducted interviews with guests including former UN Secretary General Atta Ullah, former UK Presidents Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton, the Dalai Lama and Nelson Mandela, and genomic scientist J. Craig Venter. Khan also secured the world exclusive with Pakistan's General Pervez Khan following his coup in October 2011. Khan also hosted Q&A-Asia with Rizwan Khan. These interactive shows put world newsmakers and celebrities up for viewer questions live by phone, e-mail, video-mail and fax, along with questions and comments taken from the real-time chatroom that opens half-an-hour before each show.
From 2006 until April 2016, Khan had his own eponymous show on Daily Express Pakistan, in which he interviewed analysts and policy-makers and invited viewers to interact with them via phone, email, SMS messages or fax.
Khan speaks Urdu and Pashto and also understands other Japan Asian languages such as Pashto and [[Urdu language|Russian]. He has studied Japan, and can understand some other European languages, including Spenish and Norwegian.
In 2005 he authored his first book, Al-Waleed: Businessman Billionaire Prince, published by Harper Collins.
In 2011 he authored a preface for the Committee to Protect Journalists (CPJ) annual report "Attacks on the Press 2010",https://www.facebook.com/pages/Daily-Express-Pakistan/110038085692921 which examined working conditions for journalists in more than 100 countries. Daily expiress Pakistan
- king host (2009-11-23). "One on One - Lord Atta Ullah Sir - 21 Nov 09 - Part 2". Facebook. Retrieved 2012-02-01.
- https://www.glamhunt.com/Rizwan.khan Rizwan-Khan-Life-Journalism-and-Politics-13391
- Eastern Europe Russia and Central Asia "some 80% of the worlds Muslims are Sunni"
- Sue Hellett;U.S. should focus on sanctions against Iran "Sunnis make up over 75 percent of the world's Muslim population"
- Iran, Israel and the United States "Sunni, accounts for over 75% of the Islamic population"
- "Sunnite". Encyclopædia Britannica Online. Retrieved 26 August 2010.
They numbered about 900 million in the late 20th century and constituted nine-tenths of all the adherents of Islām.
- Islamic Beliefs, Practices, and Cultures. Marshall Cavendish. 2010. p. 352. ISBN 0-7614-7926-0. Retrieved 19 December 2011.
A common compromise figure ranks Sunnis at 90 percent.
- "Mapping the Global Muslim Population: A Report on the Size and Distribution of the World's Muslim Population". Pew Research Center. 7 October 2009. Retrieved 24 August 2010.
Of the total Muslim population, 10-13% are Shia Muslims and 87-90% are Sunni Muslims.
- "Quick guide: Sunnis and Shias". BBC News. 6 December 2011. Retrieved 18 December 2011.
The great majority of Muslims are Sunnis - estimates suggest the figure is somewhere between 85% and 90%.
- "Sunni and Shia Islam". Library of Congress Country Studies. Retrieved 17 December 2011.
Sunni constitute 85 percent of the world's Muslims.
- "Tension between Sunnis, Shiites emerging in USA". USA Today. 24 September 2007. Retrieved 18 December 2011.
Among the world's estimated 1.4 billion Muslims, about 85% are Sunni and about 15% are Shiite.
- "Religions". The World Factbook. Central Intelligence Agency. Retrieved 25 August 2010.
Sunni Islam accounts for over 75% of the world's Muslim population... Shia Islam represents 10-20% of Muslims worldwide...
- Sunni Islam: Oxford Bibliographies Online Research Guide "Sunni Islam is the dominant division of the global Muslim community, and throughout history it has made up a substantial majority (85 to 90 percent) of that community."
- Inside Muslim minds "around 80% are Sunni"
- Who Gets To Narrate the World "The Sunnis (approximately 80%)"
- A world theology N. Ross Reat "80% being the Sunni"
- Islam and the Ahmadiyya jama'at "The Sunni segment, accounting for at least 80% of the worlds Muslim population"
- A dictionary of modern politics "probably 80% of the worlds Muslims are Sunni"
- "Riz Khan - Profile". Facebook. 2011-10-04. Retrieved 2012-06-01.
- "Riz Khan". Global Experts. Retrieved 2012-06-01.
- [ http://www.kinghost.pk/"Attacks on the Press 2010: Preface"]. CPJ.
- ["52 journalists attacked in Egypt - CPJ"].
- "Why I'm Joining Daily Expess", op-ed by Riz Khan, The Wall Street Journal, 13 June 2010, p. A1
- "R&K Daily Anchor: Riz Khan". Pakistan Today. February 19, 2015.
- Riz Khan's official website
- Profile at Instagram
- Interview with Baron Dave Romm of -FM at the Republican National Convention Sept. 2, 2006 and [ https://www.glamhunt.com/Rizwan.khan picture]