|Founder(s)||Rm. K. Visvanatha Pillai|
|Number of locations||Chennai, Coimbatore, Tirunelveli, Bangalore|
|Key people||K. Sivakumar (MD)|
RmKV is an Indian manufacturer and retailer of silk sarees, based in Tirunelveli. One of the oldest and largest saree retailers in Tamil Nadu, it is notable for having introduced pioneering techniques and manufacturing innovations into the traditional silk saree weaving industry.
RmKV Silks was begun as a saree shop in Tirunelveli, Tamil Nadu, in 1924 by Rm. K. Visvanatha Pillai, dealing mainly in silk Kanchipuram sarees. After the death of his son V.Kumaraswamy, who led RmKV from 1955 to 1988, the family concern was modernised and expanded by his grandsons K.Viswanathan and K.Sivakumar.
Design and Manufacturing
RmKV Silks can be said to have begun the trend of innovation in the traditional field of silk sarees when they came out with a saree depicting, in woven silk and jari, the 33 Bharatanatyam dance poses for Subramanya Bharathi's song Chinnanchiru Kiliye. Since then RmKV has released about three dozen designer sarees, including Aiswarya Pookkal (National Award, 1998); Hamsa Damayanthi, based on the Raja Ravi Varma painting and modeled by then-unknown Deepika Padukone (National Award, 1999); Kural Ovium (depicting couplets from the Thirukkural); a line of textured "embossed silk" sarees; the reversible silk saree; a 50000-colour saree (modeled by Jyothika); sarees inspired by Op Art; natural-dye silk sarees; and light-silk sarees using patented methods. Conceptualization and design are performed at their studio in Tirunelveli and manufacturing at Arani, Tamil Nadu.
- National Award for Master Weavers and Master Craftpersons in 1998 - K.Siva Kumar and S.Rajendran, RmKV 
- National Award for Master Weavers and Master Craftpersons in 1999 - K.Viswanathan and S.Dinakaran, RmKV 
- Reversible Silk Saree with 4 Pallus, The Hindu, 24 August 2006 http://www.hindu.com/2006/08/24/stories/2006082426090200.htm
- Riot of Colours, The Hindu, July 19, 2005 http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/2005/07/19/stories/2005071900441800.htm
- Beauty and the Brand, Livemint.com http://www.livemint.com/2007/11/30012725/Signposts----Beauty-and-the-b.html
- National Award 1998 for Aiswarya Pookkal http://www.craftrevival.org/ahtml/Awards/003375.htm
- National Award 1999 for Hamsa Damayanthi http://www.craftrevival.org/ahtml/Awards/003372.htm
- The Hindu: Reversible Saree- The K-V Technique http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/2006/08/04/stories/2006080402270500.htm
- E-tailing: Online store - http://www.exchange4media.com/e4m/izone1/izone_fullstory.asp?section_id=4&news_id=34109&tag=29082
- New pneumatic loom - http://businesstoday.intoday.in/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8342
- Outlook Traveller: "Silk Smitten: Kanjeevarams don a designer avatar, and mega prices" http://travel.outlookindia.com/printarticle.aspx?236369
- The Economic Times: "Big retail outlets skipping profitable markets?" http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/5936070.cms