Jump to navigation Jump to search
Roach motel may mean:
- a low-priced motel or comparable lodging facility, usually a considerably older property in disrepair, not affiliated with a major chain, and located in a decaying area of town
- Roach Motel, a device used to catch cockroaches
- Roach Motel business model, a business model in which it is easy to begin using a service but difficult to stop for a technical reason
- In computers:
- a proprietary file standard -- "you can check your data in, but you can't check it out".
- a property of the Java Memory Model, which lets compilers and Java Virtual Machines move accesses to memory into synchronized blocks, but not to move them out
- a type of dark pattern -- "tricking a computer user into taking an undesired action", such as clickjacking or scareware
disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Roach motel.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.