From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Roach motel may mean:
- a low-priced motel or comparable lodging facility, usually a considerably older property in disrepair, not affiliated with a major chain, and located in a decaying area of town
- Roach Motel (insect trap), a device used to catch cockroaches
- a business model in which it is easy to begin using a service but difficult to stop for a technical reason
- some companies provide an automated means to sign-up and begin recurring payment but then require human interaction to cancel, such as Gogo In-flight Internet access
- In computers:
- a proprietary file standard -- "you can check your data in, but you can't check it out".
- a property of the Java Memory Model, which lets compilers and Java Virtual Machines move accesses to memory into synchronized blocks, but not to move them out
- a type of dark pattern -- "tricking a computer user into taking an undesired action"
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Roach motel.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.