|Studio album by|
|Studio||RCA's Studio A in Hollywood, California and the Sound Stage, Toronto|
|The Guess Who chronology|
|Singles from Road Food|
Road Food is the twelfth studio album by the Canadian rock band The Guess Who. It was originally released by RCA Records in 1974. It was the last album by the group to feature guitarists Kurt Winter and Donnie McDougall.
In addition to the usual 2-channel stereo version the album was also released by RCA in a 4-channel quadraphonic version on both LP and 8-track tape. The quad LP version was released using the Quadradisc system.
On the first CD issue, the songs from side two of the original album were switched with the songs from side one. This means that it begins with "Clap for the Wolfman", rather than "Star Baby".
The album was reissued on CD in 2012 by Iconoclassic with 2 bonus tracks.
In 2018 the album was reissued again in the UK by Dutton Vocalion on the Super Audio CD format. This disc is a 2 albums on 1 disc compilation which also contains the 1973 album #10. The Dutton Vocalion release contains the complete stereo and quad versions of both albums.
All songs written by Burton Cummings except noted.
- Side one
- "Star Baby" – 2:38
- "Attila's Blues" (The Guess Who) – 4:54
- "Straighten Out" (Cummings, Wallace) – 2:22
- "Don't You Want Me" – 2:20
- "One Way Road to Hell" (Cummings, Wallace) – 5:26
- Side two
- "Clap for the Wolfman" (Cummings, Wallace, Winter) – 4:15
- "Pleasin' for Reason" (McDougall, Cummings) – 3:17
- "Road Food" (Wallace, Cummings) – 3:39
- "Ballad of the Last Five Years" – 7:15
- 2012 Iconoclassic Remaster Bonus Tracks
- "Sona Sona" (sans 1988 overdubs)
- "One Way Road to Hell" (run through) (Cummings, Wallace)
- The Guess Who
- Burton Cummings – lead vocals, keyboards
- Kurt Winter – lead guitar
- Donnie McDougall – rhythm guitar, backing vocals
- Bill Wallace – bass, backing vocals
- Garry Peterson – drums
- Additional personnel
- Wolfman Jack - voice on "Clap for the Wolfman"
- Jack Richardson - producer
- Brian Christian - engineer
|Australian Albums (Kent Music Report)||87|
|Canada Top Albums/CDs (RPM)||28|
|US Billboard 200||60|
- "Road Food - The Guess Who". AllMusic. Retrieved 2012-02-01.
- The Guess Who, Road Food Credits Retrieved March 18, 2015
- Kent, David (1993). Australian Chart Book 1970–1992 (illustrated ed.). St Ives, N.S.W.: Australian Chart Book. p. 130. ISBN 0-646-11917-6.
- "Top RPM Albums: Issue 5087a". RPM. Library and Archives Canada. Retrieved November 8, 2023.
- "The Guess Who Chart History (Billboard 200)". Billboard. Retrieved November 8, 2023.