Flippo with the Dodgers in 2017
|Miami Marlins – No. 85|
|Catcher / Coach|
Born: September 9, 1966|
Rob Flippo is the bullpen coordinator for the Miami Marlins.
He played college baseball at San Joaquin Delta College, where he was a two-year letterman and all-conference selection in 1986 and at the University of Pacific, where he was a two-year letterman, team captain, and a Conference Scholar Athlete. He played Minor League Baseball for the Bakersfield Dodgers in 1989 before beginning his coaching career.
He was an assistant coach at the University of North Carolina at Wilmington from 1998-2001, where he was the hitting coach as well as outfield and catchers coach. He also coached at Fresno State University and the University of South Alabama.
He joined the Los Angeles Dodgers organization as a coach for the Single-A Wilmington Waves in 2001 before becoming the Dodgers Bullpen Catcher in 2002. He also served as the batting practice pitcher for Hee Seop Choi in the 2005 Home Run Derby and Matt Kemp in the 2011 Home Run Derby and again on July 9, 2012. He was let go by the Dodgers after the 2017 season.
- "Robert Flippo minor league statistics and history". Baseball Reference. Retrieved April 19, 2015.
- Carree, Chuck (February 10, 2002). "Ex-Waves coach hired by Dodgers; Flippo named bullpen catcher". Star News Online. Retrieved April 19, 2015.
- Milholm, Joelle (July 11, 2011). "Former Lodi Flame Rob Flippo a coach for the Los Angeles Dodgers". Lodinews. Retrieved April 19, 2015.
- Tim H. (April 24, 2009). "Seven Questions with Rob Flippo, Dodgers' Bullpen Catcher". Laist. Archived from the original on April 27, 2009. Retrieved April 19, 2015.
- Carree, Chuck (July 11, 2012). "Making his pitch is a specialty for Flippo". Star News Online. Retrieved April 19, 2015.
- Gurnick, Ken (November 7, 2017). "Dodgers optimistic, motivated to chase '18 title". mlb.com. Retrieved November 8, 2017.
|This biographical article relating to a United States baseball catcher born in the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|