September 2, 1994 |
Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Kaminsky attended Saint Joseph Regional High School in Montvale, New Jersey. He was drafted by the St. Louis Cardinals in the first round of the 2013 Major League Baseball Draft. He made his professional debut that season for the Gulf Coast Cardinals. He appeared in eight games with five starts and had a 3.68 earned run average (ERA) and 28 strikeouts in 22 innings pitched. He started 2014 with the Peoria Chiefs. In 2014, he appeared in 18 games, all starts, going 8-2 with a 1.88 ERA and 1.013 WHIP.
On July 30, 2015, the Cardinals traded Kaminsky to the Cleveland Indians for Brandon Moss. Kaminsky finished 2015 with a 6-6 record and a 2.24 ERA. Kaminsky spent the 2016 season with the Akron RubberDucks where he posted an 11-7 record and a 3.28 ERA.
- "Echoes of Sandy Koufax: When Jersey phenom Robert Kaminsky pitches, it harkens back to his idol and fellow Jew - and a Brooklyn-born baseball icon". nydailynews.com. Retrieved July 30, 2015.
- "ALL-USA". usatodayhss.com. Retrieved July 30, 2015.
- "Czerwinski: Rob Kaminsky knocked down barriers". NorthJersey.com. Retrieved July 30, 2015.
- "Cardinals Select LHP Rob Kaminsky With 28th Overall Selection In 2013 Draft". St. Louis Cardinals. Retrieved July 30, 2015.
- MARK CZERWINSKI. "St. Joseph lefty Rob Kaminsky drafted in first round by St. Louis Cardinals". NorthJersey.com. Retrieved July 30, 2015.
- MARK J. CZERWINSKI. "Baseball: Former St. Joseph star Rob Kaminsky's pro debut season a learning experience". NorthJersey.com. Retrieved July 30, 2015.
- "Peoria Chiefs - Peoria Chiefs News". Peoria Chiefs. Retrieved July 30, 2015.
- "Cards prospect Kaminsky believes learning will take him where he wants to go". Quad-Cities Online. Retrieved July 30, 2015.
- "St. Louis Cardinals acquire Brandon Moss from Cleveland Indians for Rob Kaminsky". ESPN.com. Retrieved July 30, 2015.