|Full name||Robert Ian Keogh|
21 October 1991 |
Dunstable, Bedfordshire, England
|Bowling style||Right-arm off break|
|Domestic team information|
|2010–present||Northamptonshire (squad no. 14)|
|FC debut||28 August 2012 Northamptonshire v Glamorgan|
|LA debut||31 August 2010 Northamptonshire v Yorkshire|
Source: CricketArchive, 6 June 2017
Robert Ian Keogh (born 21 October 1991) is an English cricketer who currently plays for Northamptonshire. Keogh is a right-handed batsman who bowls right-arm off break. He was born in Dunstable, Bedfordshire.
After playing minor counties cricket for Bedfordshire, Keogh made his first class debut in August 2012, playing for Northants against Glamorgan. This was his only first-class appearance that season, but the next year he played 8 games. In the match against Hampshire in September 2012, he scored his maiden first-class century, and then progressed to 221, including 32 boundaries before he was out. He has scored at least one century in each subsequent season, but has so far failed to reach the milestone of 1000 runs in a season, his best being 876 runs in 2015, when he played in all 18 of Northants first-class games.
He had previously played for the club in both List A and Twenty20 matches. He made his List A debut in August 2010, opening the batting against Yorkshire. His Twenty20 debut was in the following year. He played for Northants at Twenty20 finals day in 2016, when he finished on the winning side. His best bowling figures in first-class cricket also came in the 2016 season, against Glamorgan when he and Graeme White took all twenty Glamorgan wickets between them. In the first innings, he took 9/52, and took four wickets in the second innings, for match figures of 48.4-17-125-13.
Career best performances
as of 2 September 2016
|FC||221||Northamptonshire v Hampshire||Southampton||2013||9–52||Northamptonshire v Glamorgan||Northampton||2016|
|LA||134||Northamptonshire v Durham||Northampton||2016||1–49|
|T20||28||Northamptonshire Steelbacks v Durham Dynamos||Chester-le-Street||2011||-|
- Tennant, Ivo. "Adams hits back for golden generation". Cricinfo. Retrieved 30 August 2016.
- "FIRST-CLASS BATTING AND FIELDING IN EACH SEASON". Cricket Archive. Retrieved 30 August 2016.
- "List A Matches played by Rob Keogh". CricketArchive. Retrieved 23 September 2011.
- Dobell, George. "Defiant Northants dig deep to lift T20 prize". Cricinfo. Retrieved 30 August 2016.
- "Keogh claims NINE wickets to go sixth on all-time list for Northants". Northants Telegraph. Retrieved 3 September 2016.
- "White, Keogh share all 20 to run through Glamorgan". Cricinfo. Retrieved 3 September 2016.