November 12, 1976 |
Rochester, New York
|NFL Draft:||1999 / Round: 2 / Pick: 43|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics|
Robert Konrad (born November 12, 1976) is an American financial advisor and former American football fullback who played in the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Miami Dolphins in the second round of the 1999 NFL Draft. He attended Syracuse University, where he played college football for the Syracuse Orange.
Konrad enrolled at Syracuse University, where he played college football for the Syracuse Orange football team. He is the last Orange football player to wear the uniform number 44. During the 2005 season the number 44 was officially retired, never to be worn again by a Syracuse football player.
The Miami Dolphins selected Konrad in the second round, with the 43rd overall selection, of the 1999 NFL Draft. He played for the Dolphins from 1999 through 2004. He played for the Oakland Raiders during the 2005 preseason, and was released before the start of the regular season.
Konrad is currently the CEO of Alterna Financial and also one of the Managing Directors of KT Capital Partners. He joined a firm of Tim Allen's in 2002, which became independent under the name of Allen Konrad Asset Management in the summer of 2004. He became a member of the Florida State Board of Administration's Investment Advisory Council in 2007.
Konrad is also Founder, and non-executive Chairman of Socius Family Office.
- Berardino, Mike (December 31, 1998). "Konrad's No. 44 His No. 1 Problem". Sun Sentinel. Retrieved January 9, 2015.
- "Fantastic Five: The top five football players of all time at St. John's Prep". The Salem News. August 30, 2014. Retrieved January 9, 2015.
- "About us: Alterna Tax Asset Group". Alterna Tax Asset Group. Retrieved January 9, 2015.
- "Robert Konrad". ktcapital.net. Archived from the original on January 15, 2015. Retrieved January 14, 2015.
- Leitch, Will (February 1, 2005). "On the Financial Gridiron". Penton. Retrieved January 9, 2015.
- Bandell, Brad (September 20, 2007). "Ex-Dolphin Konrad sharpens playbook as financial adviser". American City Business Journals. Retrieved January 9, 2015.
- "About us: Socius Family Office". Socius Family Office. Retrieved September 14, 2017.
- Smith, Michael David (January 8, 2015). "Ex-NFL player Rob Konrad swims nine miles after falling from boat". NBC Sports. Retrieved January 9, 2015.
- Breech, John (January 8, 2015). "Ex-Dolphins player falls in ocean, survives by swimming 9 miles to land". CBS Sports. Retrieved January 9, 2015.