|Preceded by||Gerry Martiniuk|
|Succeeded by||Kathryn McGarry|
|Political party||Progressive Conservative|
Leone ran in the 2011 provincial election as the Progressive Conservative candidate in the riding of Cambridge. He defeated Liberal candidate Kathryn McGarry by 1,954 votes. He faced McGarry again in 2014 and this time was defeated by McGarry by 3,067 votes.
During his time in the legislature he was the PC party's critic for training and education issues.
- "Rob Leone: Assistant Professor, Department of Political Science". University of Western Ontario. 2015.
- "Summary of Valid Ballots Cast for Each Candidate" (PDF). Elections Ontario. October 6, 2011. p. 3. Archived from the original (PDF) on March 30, 2013. Retrieved 2014-03-02.
- "Cambridge stays Tory blue". The Waterloo Record. October 7, 2011. Retrieved June 5, 2018.
- "General Election by District: Cambridge". Elections Ontario. June 12, 2014. Archived from the original on September 23, 2014.
- "Liberal Kathryn McGarry beats Tory in historic Cambridge win". CBC News. June 13, 2014.
- Blizzard, Christina (30 September 2013). "Tory leader Tim Hudak shuffles shadow cabinet". Toronto Sun.