|Born||Robert Peter Locke
7 October 1971
Lincoln, Lincolnshire, England, UK
talk show host
game show host
Rob Locke is a British actor, television host and voice-over artist who lives in Los Angeles.
Locke was born in Lincoln, Lincolnshire on 7 October 1971 and grew up in London. His first acting experience was a school play, at the age of six, after which he performed regularly in youth theatre.
At the age of eighteen, he left school and started working in the television industry. In 1992 Locke began acting in children's TV. For the ensuing five years he was a regular on several shows for the Children's Channel (TCC), where he also hosted live interstitial programs and game show segments. In 1996 he guest-starred on Words and Pictures alongside Sophie Aldred, whom he had previously worked with at the Children's Channel.
In 1998 and 1999, Locke's hosted his own regional talk show called The Locke Exchange, alongside a daytime current affairs show and late-night music series. This was in addition to seven years as one of QVC UK's prime-time hosts between 1995 and 2002.
Locke immigrated to the United States in 2003. There he worked on Team Butkus Life Performance (a talk show he developed and co-hosted with Dick Butkus in 2006). In 2007 Locke returned to live television as a prime-time Host on GemsTV USA.
At the end of 2008, Locke moved to Los Angeles. There he guest-starred on Spike TV's 1000 Ways to Die and GSN's Instant Recall pilot, making his film debut in the independent feature Cinema Salvation, and starring as Niles in 2009 VH1 series Megan Wants a Millionaire.
In 2010, Locke starred in a national commercial for Microsoft to launch Internet Explorer 8 in Britain, hosted a pilot for the poker-based game show Call the Floorman, recurred as a BP Executive on ABC's Jimmy Kimmel Live!, narrated the VH1 series You're Cut Off!, and played the Science Correspondent in History's pilot Breaking News.
In 2011, Locke was again narrator for season 2 of VH1's You're Cut Off!, returned to ABC's Jimmy Kimmel Live! as the voice of Colin Firth, became the national TV Spokesman for NET10 Wireless, and co-anchored Prius Records (a 2-day live webcast for Toyota Prius). He appeared in a viral video for the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play, played the British News Anchor in EA's live-action trailer for Mass Effect 3, and voiced additional characters in the video game The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Locke also co-starred as a Czech mobster in the season 2 finale of NCIS: Los Angeles on CBS, played supporting roles in the feature films Default, Spanners and I Love Your Moves, and starred as a psychopathic London gangster in the feature film Geezas.
From 16 April 2015 to 18 April, Locke was the narrator for the Old Spice Nature Adventure, a live action video game experience on Twitch.tv.
- "Arcsoft Zipshot". Hosted by Rob Locke on QVC UK.
- "The General Auto Insurance Commercial".
- "NFL Legend Dick Butkus Teaches Millions of TV Viewers Nutrition, Exercise and Lifestyle Enhancement". Marketwire. 16 October 2006.
- "Rob Locke: Hosting Demo Reel".
- "1000 Ways to Die: Death Gets Busy (Sex Ray)". Spike TV. 17 February 2009.
- "Instant Recall: Pilot". IMDb.
- "Cinema Salvation". IMDb.
- "Man sought in ex-model's death fled U.S.". MSNBC. The Associated Press. 20 August 2009.
- "Megan Wants a Millionaire". IMDb.
- "Microsoft Internet Explorer 8: InPrivate Browsing".
- "Call the Floorman". IMDb.
- "Jimmy Kimmel Live! Episode #8.156". IMDb. 10 June 2010.
- "You're Cut Off!: Official Site".
- "You're Cut Off! 2: Official Site".
- "Jimmy Kimmel Live! Episode #9.101". IMDb. 28 March 2011.
- "NET10 Bill Consultation Contest".
- "Toyota Prius Projects: No. 010".
- "Saatchi & Saatchi LA".
- "Leaf Blower Vs. Xperia PLAY". Sony Ericsson. 8 December 2011.
- "Mass Effect 3: Live Action Trailer". Electronic Arts. 9 June 2011.
- "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim". IMDb. 11 November 2011.
- "NCIS: Los Angeles Episode #2.24 (Familia)". IMDb. 17 May 2011.
- "Default". IMDb.
- "Spanners". IMDb.
- "I Love Your Moves". IMDb.
- "Geezas: Official Site". LionBastad Pictures.
- "Family Tools". IMDb.