September 5, 1978 |
Capreol, Ontario, Canada
|Height||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight||205 lb (93 kg; 14.6 st)|
|Fighting out of||Toronto, Ontario|
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Mixed martial arts career
MacDonald made his professional mixed martial arts debut on June 1, 2002, when he faced Zane Hagel at MFC 4: New Groundz. He won the fight via first round submission strikes. After the impressive victory, MacDonald would win two more professional fights, defeating Victor Valimaki and Doug Sauer via TKO. MacDonald would take a three year hiatus before being signed by the Ultimate Fighting Championship in 2006.
Ultimate Fighting Championship
MacDonald signed with UFC in early 2006, and made his debut against Jason Lambert at UFC 58 on March 4, 2006. He lost the fight via first round kimura. He then faced Kristian Rothaermel at UFC Ultimate Fight Night 5 on June 28, 2006. He won the fight via armbar submission.
In his third fight in the promotion, MacDonald faced Eric Schafer at UFC 62 on August 26, 2006. He lost the fight via arm-triangle choke, and after dropping to 1–2, was subsequently released from the promotion.
In his first fight outside of the UFC, MacDonald challenged Eliot Marshall for the ROF Light Heavyweight Championship at Ring of Fire 31 on December 1, 2007. He won the fight via second round TKO. MacDonald faced Hector Ramirez at HCF: Crow's Nest on March 29, 2008. He lost the fight via unanimous decision.
Championships and Accomplishments
- Ring of Fire
- ROF Light Heavyweight Championship (One time)
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|9 matches||5 wins||4 losses|
|Loss||5–4||Chuck Grigsby||KO (punches)||VFC 26 - Onslaught||February 20, 2009||1||4:21||Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States||For the VFC Light Heavyweight Championship.|
|Loss||5–3||Hector Ramirez||Decision (unanimous)||HCF - Crow's Nest||March 29, 2008||3||5:00||Gatineau, Quebec, Canada|
|Win||5–2||Eliot Marshall||TKO (punches)||Ring of Fire 31||December 1, 2007||2||1:41||Broomfield, Colorado, United States||Won the ROF Light Heavyweight Championship.|
|Loss||4–2||Eric Schafer||Submission (arm-triangle choke)||UFC 62: Liddell vs. Sobral||August 26, 2006||1||2:26||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||4–1||Kristian Rothaermel||Submission (armbar)||UFC Fight Night 5||June 28, 2006||1||4:01||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Submission of the Night.|
|Loss||3–1||Jason Lambert||Submission (kimura)||UFC 58: USA vs. Canada||March 4, 2006||1||1:54||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||3–0||Doug Sauer||TKO (strikes)||TFC 8: Hell Raiser||June 6, 2003||1||1:28||Toledo, Ohio, United States|
|Win||2–0||Victor Valimaki||TKO (towel)||MFC 5: Sweet Redemption||September 21, 2002||1||5:00||Edmonton, Alberta, Canada|
|Win||1–0||Zane Hagel||Submission (strikes)||MFC 4: New Groundz||June 1, 2002||1||N/A||Calgary, Alberta, Canada|
- "Rob Macdonald's Professional Record". mixedmartialarts.com. Retrieved 2010-02-10.
- "MFC 4 - New Groundz Official Results". sherdog.com. June 1, 2002.
- "UFC 58: Jason Lambert vs. Rob MacDonald". espn.go.com. March 4, 2006.
- "Ultimate Fight Night: Live Results". mmaweekly.com. June 28, 2006.
- "Sherdog.com Preview: UFC 62 Under Card". sherdog.com. August 25, 2006.
- "UFC 62: Eric Schafer vs. Rob MacDonald". tapology.com. August 26, 2006.
- "UFC's Rob MacDonald to Fight for Title at ROF 31". mmajunkie.com. November 9, 2007.
- "HCF Announces “Crow’s Nest” Fight Card". mmaweekly.com. March 13, 2008.
- "Rob MacDonald vs. Chuck Grigsby at VFC 26". mmafighting.com. January 15, 2009.
- "VFC 26: Onslaught Official Results". mixedmartialarts.com. February 20, 2009.
|This biographical article related to mixed martial arts is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|