Rob Moore (executive)
|Education||Bachelor's degree in accounting|
|Alma mater||Pepperdine University|
Rob Moore is the Vice Chairman of Paramount Pictures, an American film and television production/distribution company. He oversees the following divisions: marketing, distribution, home entertainment, digital, interactive, television, licensing and business affairs.
Rob Moore attended Pepperdine University and graduated with cum laude honors in 1984. He received a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting.
Moore worked at The Walt Disney Company for a period of 13 years from 1987 through 2000. Moore first served as a Senior Financial Analyst and was later appointed Executive Vice President of Finance and Operations. He was responsible for the following business and operating activities: live action film, feature animation, television animation, theatrical marketing and distribution, video marketing and distribution, music operations, stage play business and Miramax Films. While at Disney, Moore helped to facilitate a partnership between the company and Pixar.
In 2000, Moore joined American production company Revolution Studios, supervising business affairs, finance, production and operations. He was one of four partners at the newly formed company, where he headed international and home-video distribution.
Moore later joined Paramount in 2005 as President of Worldwide Marketing, Distribution and Operations. In 2006, he became President of Worldwide Marketing, Distribution and Home Entertainment.
In 2011, Moore served as a keynote speaker at a Pepperdine leadership and social change seminar. In 2012, Moore was honored at a fundraising event for The Fulfillment Fund, a Los Angeles charity that enables low-income students to attend college.
- McClintock, Pamela (2012-01-29). "Box Office Report: Tom Cruise's M:I4 Hits $571 Mil, Franchise Best". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2012-02-20.
- "Meet The Executives". Paramount Pictures. Retrieved 2012-02-20.
- "Top Business Exec at Disney's Studio Division Is Promoted". The LA Times. 2012-10-28. Retrieved 2012-02-20.
- "Disney Promotes Rob Moore". Animation World Network. Retrieved 2012-02-20.
- "Rob Moore Executive Profile". Business Week. Retrieved 2012-08-27.
- Halbfinger, David (2005-07-15). "Shuffle of Top Management Completed at Paramount Pictures". The New York Times. Retrieved 2012-02-20.
- Eller, Claudia (2005-07-15). "Paramount Taps Revolution Exec". The LA Times. Retrieved 2012-02-20.
- "Beyond The Big Screen Leadership and Social Change". Pepperdine University. Retrieved 2012-02-20.
- "Adam Sandler, Brad Grey Help Honor Paramount's Rob Moore at Charity Event". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2012-11-08.
- Cieply, Michael (2014-02-22). "Can God Make It in Hollywood?". The New York Times. Retrieved 2014-02-23.