Robert Herman (Rob) Oudkerk (born 20 March 1955 in Amsterdam) is a Dutch politician and general practitioner. Oudkerk was born in Amsterdam. He was the son of a Jewish butcher and a nurse. His grandfather was David Cohen, who was President of the Jewish Council during World War II. He has served as a member of the Dutch House of Representatives for the Dutch Labour Party and as alderman of education in Amsterdam. During his time as a local politician in Amsterdam, he was beset by scandals, such as that he frequented a streetwalking zone for drug-addicted prostitutes, while still being a general practitioner.
- ^ Rob Oudkerk, 25 February 2002
- ^ "Oudkerk resigns over prostitution scandal". Expatica. 19 January 2004. Retrieved 30 April 2022.
- 1955 births
- Living people
- Aldermen of Amsterdam
- Dutch Jews
- Dutch general practitioners
- Dutch political commentators
- Jewish Dutch politicians
- Labour Party (Netherlands) politicians
- Members of the House of Representatives (Netherlands)
- Municipal councillors of Amsterdam
- Political scandals in the Netherlands
- Labour Party (Netherlands) politician stubs