|Born||St. Louis, Missouri, United States|
|Associated acts||Mychael Danna
Rob Simonsen is an American composer located in Los Angeles.
Rob began playing the piano by ear at an early age. His grandmother was a voice teacher and music was around him in his family. He would later study piano performance and music theory while being enrolled at Southern Oregon University, the University of Oregon, and Portland State University.
Rob's first break into film composing was through the independent feature Westender in 2003. In 2004 he teamed up with Mychael Danna and has provided additional music and arrangements on Surf's Up, Fracture, Moneyball and the Oscar-winning, Life of Pi. The two have co-composed the film (500) Days of Summer, and the television series Dollhouse, created by Joss Whedon. His work includes the Sundance Film Festival features The Way, Way Back and The Spectacular Now plus the Lionsgate feature film The Age of Adaline and most recently Gifted and Going in Style.
- World Soundtrack Award (nomination) - Discovery of the Year for The Spectacular Now, The Way, Way Back (2013) 
- International Film Music Critics Award (nomination) - Best Original Score for an Action/Adventure/Thriller Film for Nerve (2016) 
- Father Figures (2017)
- The House of Tomorrow (2017)
- The Only Living Boy in New York (2017) additional music provided by Duncan Blickenstaff
- Gifted (2017) additional music provided by Duncan Blickenstaff
- Going in Style (2017)
- Bastards (2017)
- Demain tout commence (2016)
- Viral (2016)
- Nerve (2016)
- Burnt (2015)
- The Age of Adaline (2015) additional music provided by Duncan Blickenstaff
- Foxcatcher (2014) additional music by Mychael Danna & West Dylan Thordson
- Wish I Was Here (2014)
- The Way, Way Back (2013)
- The Spectacular Now (2013)
- Life of Pi (2012) additional music
- Girl Most Likely (2012)
- Seeking a Friend for the End of the World (2012) composed with Jonathan Sadoff
- The Final Member (2012) Documentary
- LOL (2012)
- The English Teacher (2012)
- Moneyball (2011) additional music
- The Brooklyn Brothers Beat the Best (2011)
- All Good Things (2010)
- (500) Days of Summer (2009) co-composed with Mychael Danna
- The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus (2009) additional music
- Management (2008) co-composed with Mychael Danna
- Stone of Destiny (2008) additional music
- Surf's Up (2007) additional music
- Lonely Hearts (2006) additional music
- Eve and the Fire Horse (2005)
- Two Fisted (2004)
- Westender (2003)
- Life in Pieces (series) (2015–2017)
- Blue Bloods (series) (2010–2013)
- Battleground (series) (2012)
- Dollhouse (series) (2009–2010)
- "Cast & Crew". Focus Features.
- Staff (January 28, 2013). "Meet Sundance composer Rob Simonsen". Miramax.com. Retrieved 28 January 2013.
- Staff (January 22, 2013). "Sundance Roundtable Composer of the Day: Rob Simonsen". BMI.com. Retrieved 22 January 2013.
- Staff (October 29, 2013). "2013 World Soundtrack Awards". BMI.com. Retrieved 29 October 2013.
- Staff (February 9, 2017). "IFMCA Award Nominations 2016". Retrieved 9 February 2017.