|Born||March 11, 1978|
St. Louis, Missouri, U.S.
Rob Simonsen is an American composer located in Los Angeles.
Rob began playing the piano by ear at an early age. His grandmother was a voice teacher and music was around him in his family home. He would later study jazz piano performance and music theory while being enrolled at Southern Oregon University, the University of Oregon, and Portland State University.
Rob's first break into film composing was through the independent feature Westender in 2003. In 2004 he teamed up with Mychael Danna and has provided additional music and arrangements on Surf's Up, Fracture, Moneyball and the Oscar-winning, Life of Pi. The two have co-composed the film (500) Days of Summer, and the television series Dollhouse, created by Joss Whedon. His work includes the Sundance Film Festival features The Way, Way Back and The Spectacular Now plus the Lionsgate feature film The Age of Adaline and most recently Love, Simon and Stargirl.
Simonsen's music can be heard in nearly all iPhone 5 ads - he appears as the conductor in the commercials as well. The iPhone 5 commercial titled 'Music Every Day' contains one of Simonsen's track, 'Red', which gained worldwide recognition.
Early in 2018 Rob's music also appeared in Coca-Cola Super Bowl TV spot titled 'The Wonder of Us'.
- World Soundtrack Award (nomination) - Discovery of the Year for The Spectacular Now, The Way, Way Back (2013) 
- International Film Music Critics Award (nomination) - Best Original Score for an Action/Adventure/Thriller Film for Nerve (2016) 
- Westender (2003)
- Two Fisted (2004)
- Eve and the Fire Horse (2005)
- Lonely Hearts (2006) additional music
- Surf's Up (2007) additional music
- Stone of Destiny (2008) additional music
- Management (2008) co-composed with Mychael Danna
- The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus (2009) additional music
- (500) Days of Summer (2009) co-composed with Mychael Danna
- All Good Things (2010)
- The Brooklyn Brothers Beat the Best (2011)
- Moneyball (2011) additional music
- The English Teacher (2012)
- LOL (2012)
- The Final Member (2012) Documentary
- Seeking a Friend for the End of the World (2012) composed with Jonathan Sadoff
- Girl Most Likely (2012)
- Life of Pi (2012) additional music
- The Spectacular Now (2013)
- The Way, Way Back (2013)
- Wish I Was Here (2014)
- Foxcatcher (2014) additional music by Mychael Danna & West Dylan Thordson
- The Age of Adaline (2015) additional music provided by Duncan Blickenstaff
- Burnt (2015)
- Stonewall (2015)
- Nerve (2016)
- Viral (2016)
- Demain tout commence (2016)
- Going in Style (2017)
- Gifted (2017) additional music provided by Duncan Blickenstaff
- The House of Tomorrow (2017)
- The Only Living Boy in New York (2017) additional music provided by Duncan Blickenstaff
- The Upside (2017)
- Father Figures (2017)
- Tully (2018)
- Love, Simon (2018)
- The Front Runner (2018)
- Captive State (2019)
- Fast Color (2019)
- Our Friend (2019)
- The Way Back (2020)
- Stargirl (2020)
- Ghostbusters: Afterlife (2021)
- Dollhouse (series) (2009–2010)
- Battleground (series) (2012)
- Blue Bloods (series) (2010–2013)
- Life in Pieces (series) (2015–2017)
- Rêveries (2019)
- "Cast & Crew". Focus Features.
- Staff (January 28, 2013). "Meet Sundance composer Rob Simonsen". Miramax.com. Archived from the original on 6 February 2013. Retrieved 28 January 2013.
- Staff (January 22, 2013). "Sundance Roundtable Composer of the Day: Rob Simonsen". BMI.com. Retrieved 22 January 2013.
- "Coca-Cola | The Wonder of Us :60".
- "Composer Rob Simonsen releases debut solo album Rêveries". Sony Masterworks. Retrieved 2019-10-19.
- Catchpole, James. "Rob Simonsen - Rêveries". Fluid Radio UK. Retrieved 2019-10-19.
- Staff (October 29, 2013). "2013 World Soundtrack Awards". BMI.com. Retrieved 29 October 2013.
- Staff (February 9, 2017). "IFMCA Award Nominations 2016". Retrieved 9 February 2017.