|Full name||Robert Doyle|
|Date of birth||22 April 1982|
|Place of birth||Dublin, Republic of Ireland|
|Height||1.77 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|2004–2005||St Patrick's Athletic||42||(12)|
|2002||Republic of Ireland U21||1||(0)|
|1999||Republic of Ireland U17||2||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Robbie Doyle (born 22 April 1982, Bray) is a retired Irish soccer player. He most recently played for League of Ireland Premier Division club Bray Wanderers, in 2010. He is now currently a male model, featuring recently in BMW's ad for Winter 2011, and also a solo artist.
The "journeyman" started his career with Blackburn Rovers spending 3 years at the club.
He returned home to sign for his home town club Bray Wanderers in time for the 2001/02 season making his League of Ireland debut as a substitute at Tolka Park on the 9th of November. He made a handful of appearances at the club when Paul Doolin offered him regular first team football at UCD and so Doyle was on his way again. He scored on his debut for UCD on the first day of the 2002/03 season against Bohemians and his performances that season impressed Stephen Kenny enough to offer him a move to Bohemians at the end of the season. Doyle made a decent start to life at Dalymount and played in all of Bohs' four 2003–04 UEFA Champions League qualifiers but he fell out with Kenny and in mid-2004, he returned once again to St Patricks Athletic. He has since played for Bray Wanderers (again) and Macclesfield Town.
He was released at the end of the 2007 season by Dundalk and signed for Sporting Fingal F.C. at the start of the 2008 season and ended the season as First Division top scorer. Fingal achieved promotion to the Premier Division in 2009 and better was to come as Fingal and Doyle won the FAI Cup when beating Sligo Rovers 2–1 at Tallaght Stadium.
On 4 March 2010 he re-signed for Bray Wanderers.
In his three spells at his hometown club Doyle scored 5 goals in 59 total appearances.
Playing for Ardmore Rovers he was part of the team that won the Nordic Cup in August 1998 scoring the winner against Iceland and Norway. Then scoring the opening goal in the final win over England.
He scored twice against France while playing for Ireland Under 17s.
- "Manchester Football, Manchester City, Manchester United, Bury FC, FC United, Oldham Athletic, Rochdale FC, Stockport County FC and more". Manchestereveningnews.co.uk.
- "Etomite »". Soccerscene.ie.
- "Fingal win FAI Cup". Rte.ie. 22 November 2009.
- "Doyle and Baker sign for Seagulls – Independent.ie". Braypeople.ie. 10 March 2010.
- The Irish Times http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/archive/1998/0806/Pg021.html#Ar02104:33C59B3745BF22363C23B64F2B959B3305BF2A562F2BC6422BC62F2C164220D63C21E64F. Missing or empty
- The Irish Times http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/archive/1998/0808/Pg031.html#Ar03105:6447F866380B56487F57E8925DB9C55F49D1. Missing or empty
- The Irish Times http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/archive/1998/0810/Pg024.html#Ar02403:2A45172B65292B75172C05292D25902EA5A326E51729C529. Missing or empty
- The Irish Times http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/archive/1999/1111/Pg023.html#Ar02303:45EA0749FA2B153A9F19DAB7347B0A374B1F4B2A7C4E0A92526AA9552AB7. Missing or empty