This article is an autobiography or has been extensively edited by the subject or by someone connected to the subject. (July 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||24 March 1964|
Robbie Gee (born 24 March 1964) is a Black British actor, best known for his Desmond's character "Lee Stanley", for appearing in Guy Ritchie's crime caper Snatch, and for his comedy roles in TV series like The Real McCoy and The Crouches. He also appeared in the movie Mean Machine, playing "Trojan", Pirates of the Caribbean as "Shrimper", Underworld as "Kahn", and Dead Man Running as Curtis (Alongside 50 Cent).
Together, they have written for TV, travelled and worked in places as varied as Jamaica and Spain, and hosted some of the biggest and most prestigious music and social events in the country.
Robbie and Eddie compere, play music, perform comedy sketches and their hugely successful gameshow A Wha Me A Go Win? is still selling out to audiences around the United Kingdom 15 years after it started.
He hosted, alongside Eddie Nestor, the Imperial College Indian Society's annual "East Meets West" charity show in 2007 and 2008. The show in both years was one of the most successful and popular charity shows in the UK, drawing over 1,750 people to the prestigious London Palladium in 2008.
Television and movies
- He starred in the film The Firm alongside Gary Oldman.
- In 2003 he starred in the BBC sitcom The Crouches as "Roly Crouch", the father in a "triple-generation family sandwich". Also in that year, he made an appearance in the horror/action film Underworld, alongside Kate Beckinsale and Bill Nighy, as Kahn, weapons master and leader of the Death Dealers.
- He starred in Sky One's Dream Team as Linton Alexander, Curtis Alexander's brother.
- He played Vinny in the UK Gangster film Snatch
- He also starred in UK Gangster movie Rollin' with the Nines.
- He also co-starred as "Shrimper" in Pirates of the Caribbean and also supported Steven Seagal in action thriller Out of Reach.
- His writing credits include The Real McCoy and Blouse and Skirt.
- Also include the role of Rufus Smalls in Mike Bassett: England Manager with Ricky Tomlinson.
- In November 2009, he made a guest appearance on EastEnders as Dexter, the boyfriend of Denise Fox's sister Kim (Tameka Empson).
- He also appeared in a Ribena advertisement campaign.
- He played Seymour's dad in Kerching, (Series 4, episode 8); CBBC 2006
- He played DC Armstrong in The Fades, (Episode 1); BBC 2011
- He played Ramanga in 'Young Dracula' (Episode 7); CBBC 2011
- He starred also in the ITV drama horror series The Frankenstein Chronicles.
- Starred alongside Ashley Walters in Cuffs for BBC 2015
- In 2006 Robbie Gee starred as Monty the lead hencman in Violent Solutions Episode of Ultimate Force
- Green, Kris (17 September 2009). "EXCLUSIVE: Robbie Gee to guest in 'EastEnders'". Digital Spy. Retrieved 17 September 2009.
- Green, Kris (17 September 2009). "EXCLUSIVE: Robbie Gee joins Frankenstein Chronicles". ITV. Retrieved 17 September 2009.
- Green, Kris (17 September 2009). "EXCLUSIVE: Robbie Gee joins Frankenstein Chronicles". Dread Central. Retrieved 17 September 2009.