Robbie Patton is an English singer-songwriter. His first major exposure came in 1979 when he was selected as the opening act for a Fleetwood Mac tour. Mac member Christine McVie would go on to produce Patton's second and third albums and played keyboards on them; Lindsey Buckingham played guitar on Patton's hit single, "Don't Give it Up", and Stevie Nicks sang on "Smiling Islands". Patton returned the favour by co-writing the hit "Hold Me", which appeared on Fleetwood Mac's 1982 album, Mirage. Patton wrote songs for Jonathan Cain and Santana later in the 1980s.
- "Don't Give it Up" (1981) U.S. #26, U.S. AC #41
- "Smiling Islands" (1983) U.S. #52, U.S. AC #16
- ^ Billboard, Allmusic.com
- ^ Joel Whitburn, The Billboard Book of Top 40 Hits, U.S. 7th edn, 2000
- ^ Billboard Singles, Allmusic.com