Robbinsville (CDP), New Jersey
|Robbinsville, New Jersey|
Robbinsville Town Center
Location in Mercer County and the state of New Jersey.
|Mercer County and the state of New Jersey.|
|• Total||0.759 sq mi (1.966 km2)|
|• Land||0.757 sq mi (1.961 km2)|
|• Water||0.002 sq mi (0.005 km2) 0.26%|
|Elevation||108 ft (33 m)|
|Population (Census 2010)|
|• Density||4,016.0/sq mi (1,550.6/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|Area code(s)||609, 732|
|GNIS feature ID||02612511|
Robbinsville is a census-designated place (CDP) located within Robbinsville Township (known as Washington Township until 2007) in Mercer County, New Jersey, United States. The area is served as United States Postal Service ZIP Code 08691. As of the 2010 United States Census, the population for the CDP was 3,041.
The CDP includes the area of the township developed as a part of the Robbinsville Town Center. The CDP also includes the largely undeveloped land bordered by the Hamilton Township border, U.S. Route 130, and New Jersey Route 33 though there are some plans to develop this area as well.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP had a total area of 0.759 square miles (1.966 km2), including 0.757 square miles (1.961 km2) of it is land and 0.002 square miles (0.005 km2) of water (0.26%) is water.
Robbinsville CDP and Robbinsville Township are not coextensive, with the CDP covering 3.7% of the 20.49 miles (32.98 km) of the township as a whole.
As of the 2010 United States Census, there were 3,041 people, 1,237 households, and 755.8 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 4,016.0 per square mile (1,550.6/km2). There were 1,325 housing units at an average density of 1,749.8 per square mile (675.6/km2). The racial makeup of the CDP was 73.13% (2,224) White, 3.06% (93) Black or African American, 0.13% (4) Native American, 20.91% (636) Asian, 0.00% (0) Pacific Islander, 0.36% (11) from other races, and 2.40% (73) from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 4.18% (127) of the population.
There were 1,237 households out of which 37.7% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 51.8% were married couples living together, 6.5% had a female householder with no husband present, and 38.9% were non-families. 34.1% of all households were made up of individuals, and 14.2% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.41 and the average family size was 3.18.
In the CDP, the population was spread out with 26.7% under the age of 18, 2.7% from 18 to 24, 37.2% from 25 to 44, 21.2% from 45 to 64, and 12.2% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 37.1 years. For every 100 females there were 83.1 males. For every 100 females ages 18 and old there were 78.3 males.
- Gazetteer of New Jersey Places, United States Census Bureau. Accessed July 21, 2016.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Robbinsville Census Designated Place, Geographic Names Information System. Accessed July 26, 2012.
- DP-1 - Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data for Robbinsville CDP, New Jersey, United States Census Bureau. Accessed November 21, 2012.
- Look Up a ZIP Code for Robbinsville, NJ, United States Postal Service. Accessed July 26, 2012.
- American FactFinder, United States Census Bureau. Accessed September 4, 2014.
- A Cure for the Common Codes: New Jersey, Missouri Census Data Center. Accessed July 14, 2008.
- US Board on Geographic Names, United States Geological Survey. Accessed September 4, 2014.
- GCT-PH1 - Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place from the 2010 Census Summary File 1 for Mercer County, New Jersey, United States Census Bureau. Accessed February 10, 2013.
- New Jersey: 2010 - Population and Housing Unit Counts - 2010 Census of Population and Housing (CPH-2-32), P. III-4. United States Census Bureau, August 2012. Accessed November 21, 2012.
- P.L. 94-171 COUNTY BLOCK MAP (2010 CENSUS): Mercer County, New Jersey, United States Census Bureau. Accessed July 22, 2016.
- "Preliminary Redevelopment Investigation" (PDF). Retrieved November 29, 2010.[dead link]
- US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990, United States Census Bureau. Accessed September 4, 2014.