|Chicago Cubs – No. 16|
|Second base / Left fielder|
|Born: March 28, 1993|
Las Matas de Farfán, Dominican Republic
|July 3, 2019, for the Chicago Cubs|
|MLB statistics |
(through 2019 season)
|Runs batted in||11|
García signed with the Cleveland Indians as an international free agent in February 2010. After four seasons, he was released by the Indians in March 2014. After his release, he played baseball in Italy. In 2018, he played for the UnipolSai Bologna of the Italian Baseball League and was a member of the Italy national baseball team that played in the 2018 Super 6 Baseball Tournament.
On July 3, 2019, the Cubs selected García's contract and promoted him to the major leagues. He made his debut that night as a pinch hitter and struck out in his first at-bat. On July 4, 2019, Robel tripled off Jordan Lyles for his first MLB hit. He also singled and hit a solo home run in the game against the Pittsburgh Pirates.
- Rogers, Phil. "Robel Garcia Well On His Way From Team Italy to Wrigley Field". Forbes.
- Sharma, Sahadev. "'Who is this kid and what's he doing here?' Can Robel..." The Athletic.
- "'He's completely exceeding everybody's expectations': Robel Garcia's surprise rise with the Cubs". Des Moines Register.
- Mark Gonzales (July 3, 2019). "Theo Epstein threatens 'a ton of changes' if Cubs don't improve and then team calls up Robel Garcia". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved July 3, 2019.
- Jake Crouse (July 3, 2019). "Garcia called up to Cubs amid talk of 'changes'". MLB.com. Retrieved July 4, 2019.
- Career statistics and player information from MLB, or ESPN, or Baseball-Reference, or Fangraphs, or The Baseball Cube, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)
|This biographical article relating to a Dominican baseball infielder is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|