Robel Zeimichael Teklemariam (born September 16, 1974) is an Ethiopian cross-country skier who has competed since 2006. Competing in two Winter Olympics, he earned his best finish of 83rd in the 15 km event at Turin in 2006.
His best career finish was 25th in a lesser event at 15 km race in Switzerland in January 2010.
He has said that without the financial help of Ethiopians abroad, he would not have made it to February's games in Italy. He also admitted that he had no chance of winning medals in either event he has entered in, Alpine and cross-country skiing. "I'm a realist. My goals are for further down the road. I want this Olympics to open my eyes and hopefully the eyes of other Ethiopians."
Robel Teklemariam has four other brothers. One (Nahom) in Los Angeles and four (Natan, Yoshef, Beniam, Moses) in Richmond, Virginia.
He is a 1997 graduate of the University of New Hampshire.
- Robel Zeimichael Teklemariam at the International Ski Federation
- nazret.com: Robel Teklemariam Ethiopia first at Winter Olympics
- Ethiopian National Skiing Federation home
- BBC: Ethiopia first at Winter Olympics
- Ethiomedia: Ethiopia's Robel with a cause at Turin Olympics
- One Winter, Five Dreams: Robel Teklemariam's Blog