Robert A. Bowman
Robert A. Bowman served for 17 years as President/CEO of MLB Advanced Media (“MLBAM”). Media reports in late 2017 alleged his departure from the MLBAM resulted from a decade of inappropriate behavior, ranging from multiple consensual intimate relationships with subordinates and leading a "culture of partying and heavy drinking with employees outside the office." MLBAM manages online activities for Major League Baseball including the MLBAM@Bat video streaming applications for Smartphones, pad computing devices and the like. From 1995-2000, he was ITT's President/Chief Operating Officer. From 1991-95, he was also ITT's CFO.
From 1983-90, Bowman was Michigan's State Treasurer and was widely credited with helping fuel the state's economic recovery, including from a 1987 Public Sector Consultants' profile that "Wall Street smiled on Michigan's improved fiscal condition," leading to national notoriety for Bowman. In 2010 it was reported that he was considering a run for governor of Michigan.
MLBAM At Bat App
U.S. Patent No. 8,121,712: System and Method for Determining an Offensive, Defensive, and Cumulative Efficiency of a Sports Team
U.S. Patent No. 8,045,956: System and Method for Venue-to-Venue Messaging
- "No. 10: Bob Bowman, Internet chief - USATODAY.com".
- Red, Christian (21 December 2017). "MLB Advanced Media executive Bob Bowman reportedly forced out after years of alleged misconduct". New York Daily News. Retrieved 24 December 2017.
- Dyad Communications. "Wharton Alumni Magazine: 125 Influential People and Ideas: Robert A. Bowman". wharton.upenn.edu. Retrieved May 14, 2017.
- "Company Overview of MLB Advanced Media, L.P." bloomberg.com. Retrieved May 14, 2017.
- Farrar, Bev. "ROBERT BOWMAN: A PROFILE" (PDF). Public Sector Consultants. Retrieved 24 December 2017.
- "Ex-treasurer Robert Bowman giving governor's race a look". MLive.com. Retrieved May 14, 2017.
- Detroit Financial Advisory Board - Robert Bowman
- 125 INFLUENTIAL PEOPLE AND IDEAS; KEEPING HIS EYE ON THE DIGITAL BALL; ROBERT A. BOWMAN, WG’79
- "MLB.com is gearing up for next season". Fortune.
- Chris Albrecht. "MLB's At Bat App Downloaded More Than 400,000 Times".
- "Patent US8121872 - System and method for allocating seats for a ticketed event".
- "Patent US8121712 - System and method for determining an offensive, defensive, and cumulative ... - Google Patents".
- "Patent US8045965 - System and method for venue-to-venue messaging".
Loren E. Monroe
|Treasurer of Michigan
Douglas B. Roberts