Robert A. Harris
Robert A. Harris is a film historian and preservationist, and owner of The Film Preserve Ltd, a New York-based company which specializes in the restoration and reconstruction of classic films. In collaboration with James C. Katz, he has restored several films, including Lawrence of Arabia (1989), Spartacus (1991), My Fair Lady (1994), Vertigo (1996), and Rear Window (1998).
In 2013, Harris completed restoration work on the roadshow version of It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World.
Harris is a regular contributor on a dedicated insider forum with Home Theater Forum.
The Academy Film Archive houses the Robert A. Harris collection, which includes over 1,100 items.
- The A.V. Club interview, March 2000
- Remastering a Masterwork: Restoration of The Patriot
- Robert A. Harris' statement at the Film Preservation Study: Washington, D.C. Public Hearing, February 1993
- eFilmCritic: Robert A. Harris on restoring The Godfather
- Robert A. Harris at the Internet Movie Database
- Yellow Layer Failure, Vinegar Syndrome and Miscellaneous Musings: Harris' column at The Digital Bits (2002-2009) (NOTE: site archive; hyperlinks have to be manually modified to view them)
- Harris on Home Theater Forum
|This biographical article related to cinema of the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|