Robert Armitage (politician)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
He was educated at Westminster School and Trinity College, Cambridge, and was director of several mining companies including Brodsworth Main Colliery Company, Llay Main Colllieries, Markham Main Colliery and Wagon Finance Corporation.
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs – Constituencies beginning with "L" (part 1)[self-published source][better source needed]
- "Obituaries: Mr Robert Armitage". The Times. 11 February 1944. p. 7.
- "Lord Mayors & Aldermen of Leeds since 1626" (pdf). leeds City Council. Retrieved 2011-03-14.
- Durham Mining Museum page cached at Google
- "Robert Armitage". thepeerage.com. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- "Robert Armitage (1866-1944), Politician and Lord Mayor of Leeds". National Portrait Gallery. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by Robert Armitage
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
Gerald William Balfour
|Member of Parliament for Leeds Central
Arthur Wellesley Willey
|This article about a Liberal Member of the Parliament of the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a mayor in England is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|