In October 2016, Viacom named Bakish acting president and chief executive officer, effective November 15, replacing interim CEO Tom Dooley. At the same time, Bakish was appointed president and CEO of the newly-created Viacom Global Entertainment Group, which combined Viacom’s international media networks division with its music and entertainment group. Bakish's appointment as president and CEO was made permanent on December 12, 2016.
- Steinberg, Brian (December 12, 2016). "Viacom Makes It Official: Bob Bakish Named Permanent CEO". Variety.
- "Robert Bakish '85, '89 BU". Columbia School of Engineering.
- "Executive Profile, Robert Marc Bakish". Bloomberg.
- Badkar, Mamta (31 October 2016). "Viacom taps Bob Bakish for CEO". The Financial Times. Retrieved 1 March 2018.
- Badkar, Mamta (12 December 2016). "Viacom names Bob Bakish CEO after CBS merger talks end". The Financial Times. Retrieved 1 March 2018.
|This article about a United States businessperson is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|