Robert André Edouard Baldick, FRSL (9 November 1927 – April 1972), was a British scholar of French literature, writer, translator and joint editor of the Penguin Classics series with Betty Radice. He was a Fellow of Pembroke College, Oxford.
He wrote eight books including biographies of Joris-Karl Huysmans, Frédérick Lemaître and Henry Murger and a history of the Siege of Paris. In addition he edited and translated The Goncourt Journals and other classics of French literature including works by Gustave Flaubert, Chateaubriand, Jean-Paul Sartre, Jules Verne, and Henri Barbusse, as well as a number of novels by Georges Simenon.
His sons are Julian Baldick, an author specialising in Sufism, and English academic Chris Baldick.
- The Life of Joris Karl Huysmans. (Published originally by Oxford University Press, 1955. New edition revised by Brendan King, Dedalus Books 2006)
- Dinner at Magny's (Published by Victor Gollancz, London) 
- The Life and Times of Frédérick Lemaître (Published by Hamish Hamilton)
- The Goncourts (Published by Bowes and Bowes)
- The First Bohemian: The Life of Henry Murger (Published by Hamish Hamilton)
- The Siege of Paris (Published by Batsford)
- The Duel: A History of Duelling (Published by Chapman and Hall)
- The Memoirs of Chateaubriand (Edited, translated and published by Hamish Hamilton)
- Pages from the Goncourt Journal (Edited and translated by Oxford University Press)
- Memoirs (Chateaubriand - Translator from French to English)
- Nausea (Sartre - Translator from French to English)
- Pages from The Goncourt Journal (Translator from French to English)
- Sentimental Education (Flaubert - Translator from French to English)
- Against Nature (Huysmans - Translator from French to English)
- Hell (Barbusse - Translator from French to English)
- Aphrodite (1972) from Aphrodite: mœurs antiques by Pierre Louÿs (Translator from French to English)
- Translated Penguin Book - at Penguin First Editions reference site of early first edition Penguin Books.