Robert (Bob) Bernecky
|Born||January 28, 1947|
University of Buffalo
University of Toronto
|Alma mater||Hutchinson Central Technical High School, Buffalo, NY|
|Institutions||I.P. Sharp Associates|
Snake Island Research
|Thesis||APEX:The APL Parallel Executor - Univ of Toronto, masters|
|Influences||Kenneth E. Iverson|
Bernecky's first published APL work concerned with speeding up the iota and epsilon (index-of and membership) primitives functions by orders of magnitude. While at IPSA, he was a colleague of Roger Hui, Dick Lathwell, Eugene McDonnell, Roger Moore, Arthur Whitney, and APL inventor Ken Iverson. 
He continued on after IPSA was acquired by Reuters on 1987-04-01, and left Reuters in 1990 to found Snake Island Research. He conducts research into functional array languages, APL compiler, and parallel-processing technology to this day.
Bernecky holds the Master of Science degree from the University of Toronto.
- Robert Bernecky (2016-10-12). "Zoo Story: How the I.P. Sharp APL Development Group Got its Name". Dyalog '16 User Meeting. Retrieved 2018-03-08.
- Bob Bernecky (1973-08-22). "Speeding up Dyadic Iota and Dyadic Epsilon". Proceedings of the APL Congress 73.
- Bob Bernecky and Roger Hui (1991-08-04). "Gerunds and Representations". APL91 Conference Proceedings.
- Bob Bernecky (1977-06-10). "Comparison Tolerance". SATN 23, I. P. Sharp Associates. Retrieved 2018-03-06.
- Bob Bernecky, Kenneth E. Iverson, Eugene McDonnell, Robert Metzger, and J. Henri Schueler (1983-05-02). "Language Extensions of May 1983". SATN 45, I. P. Sharp Associates. Retrieved 2018-03-06.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link)
- Bob Bernecky and Kenneth E. Iverson (1980-10-06), "Operators and Enclosed Arrays", 1980 APL Users Meeting Proceedings, retrieved 2018-03-06
- Robert Bernecky and Charles Brenner and Stephen B. Jaffe and George P. Moeckel (1990). "ACORN: APL to C on Real Numbers". APL90 Conference Proceedings.
- Robert Bernecky (1997). APEX: The APL Parallel Executor (M.Sc. thesis). University of Toronto.