Robert Blair Kaiser
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Four of his sixteen published books deal with Catholic Church reform. His latest books include A Church in Search of Itself: Benedict XVI and the Battle for the Future and Cardinal Mahony: A Novel. A new version of his 1970 best seller, R.F.K. Must Die! was published in 2008, with a new sub-title, Chasing the Mystery of the Robert Kennedy Assassination.
Kaiser's speech in Ireland on August 19, 2010, at the Humbert Summer School, entitled "Catholic Church Reform: No More Thrones," called for Irish Catholics to boldly initiate an ecclesiastical revolution through which they would remove secretive hierarchy, take back their cathedrals, and elect their own bishops. He was co-founder of takebackourchurch.org, a web community of American Catholics seeking "ownership and citizenship in the people's church envisioned at Vatican II", Catholic Church Reform International and on the Board of Directors of Catholic Church Reform International.
- A Church in Search of Itself: Benedict XVI and the Battle for the Future (2006) ISBN 0-375-41064-3
- Clerical Error: A True Story (2002) ISBN 0-8264-1384-6
- The Encyclical That Never Was: The Story of the Commission on Population, Family and Birth, 1964-66 (1987) ISBN 0-7220-3405-9
- The Politics of Sex and Religion: A Case History in the Development of Doctrine, 1962-1984 (1985) ISBN 0-934134-16-2
- Pope, Council, and World: The Story of Vatican II (1963)
- R.F.K. Must Die! Chasing the Mystery of the Robert Kennedy Assassination (2008) ISBN 1-59020-124-8
- Cardinal Mahony: A Novel 2008 ISBN 978-0-9646642-9-6
- Inside the Jesuits: How Pope Francis is Changing the Church and the World (2014) ISBN 978-1-4422-2901-3
- Whistle: Tom Doyle's Steadfast Witness For Victims of Clerical Sexual Abuse (2015) ISBN 978-1514327616
- Innes, Stephanie (January 16, 2007). "Catholic group will host religion journalist Kaiser". The AZ Daily Star – via HighBeam Research (subscription required).
- Knight-Ridder (April 10, 2002). "Religion in the media: a look at recent music, books and Web sites". The Dallas Morning News – via HighBeam Research (subscription required).
- Fox, Thomas C. (3 April 2015). "Robert Blair Kaiser dies at 84 on Holy Thursday". National Catholic Reporter. Retrieved 27 September 2018.
- McGarry, Patsy (August 20, 2010). "Call to boycott Mass may be start of 'revolution in Catholic Church". The Irish Times. – via HighBeam Research (subscription required)
- "Board of Consultors, Directors". Catholic Church Reform. Retrieved September 28, 2018.
- ^ "Overseas Press Club 1962 Award Winners". Archived from the original on June 19, 2007. Retrieved December 5, 2005.