|Died||July 16, 1980|
Noank, Connecticut, United States
|Education||National Academy of Design.|
Ferrer School, San Francisco
Brackman studied at the National Academy of Design from 1919 to 1921, and the Ferrer School in San Francisco. From 1931, he had a long career teaching at the Art Students League of New York where he was a life member. He also taught at the American Art School in New York City, the Brooklyn Museum School, the Lyme Academy College of Fine Arts, and the Madison Art School in Connecticut. In 1932, Brackman was elected into the National Academy of Design as an Associate member, and became a full member in 1940.
He painted portraits of John D. Rockefeller, Jr., Abby Aldrich Rockefeller, Charles Lindbergh, John Foster Dulles, Miirrha Alhambra (Pauline Joutard de Evia) as well as portraits commissioned by the United States Air Force Academy and the State Department.
- Patterson, Richard Sharpe (1956). The Secretaries of State: Portraits and Biographical Sketches. U.S. Government Printing Office.
- Fort, Ilene Susan; Quick, Michael (1991). American Art: A Catalogue of the Los Angeles County Museum of Art Collection. Los Angeles County Museum of Art. p. 313. ISBN 978-0-295-97027-1.
- Instructors past and present, retrieved January 24, 2009 Archived January 20, 2010, at the Wayback Machine
- , retrieved January 24, 2009
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on March 14, 2016. Retrieved March 4, 2016.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Brackman portrait on the Colonial Williamsburg webpage  retrieved January 24, 2009
- Photograph of portrait of Miirrha Alhambra by Brackman on two webpages   retrieved January 23, 2009
- Cotten, Joseph (1988). Vanity Will Get You Somewhere. HarperCollins. ISBN 0-380-70534-6.
- Maryland Art Source Elaine Hamilton O'Neal Archived June 5, 2010, at the Wayback Machine Retrieved January 24, 2009
- Richard McBee, The Jewish Press
- Pisano, Ronald G.; Rood, Beverly (1987). The Art Students League: Selections from the Permanent Collection. The Association. p. 52. ISBN 978-0-934483-09-4.
- Brackman exhibition catalogs containing lists of works, available from the Metropolitan Museum of Art Libraries.