Brant was a member of the US National boxing team. He began boxing as an amateur in 2007 and by 2009, remarkably, had already won a national championship. Brant currently fights out of Minnesota Top Team in Eagan, Minnesota. In his amateur career, Brant tallied the following notable finishes:
- 2007 Ringside Championships - Champion
- 2008 Platinum Gloves (Orlando) - Runner-Up
- 2008 Under 19 National Championships - Champion 
- 2009 Upper Midwest Golden Gloves - Champion 
- 2009 U.S. National Championships - Champion 
- 2010 Upper Midwest Golden Gloves - Champion 
- 2010 National Golden Gloves - Champion 
Brant turned professional in June 2012, beginning his career with a 2nd-round TKO win over journeyman Cheyenne Ziegler. By October 2015, Brant's record was 17-0 when he first headlined a nationally televised card, defeating Louis Rose of Lynwood, California, then 13-2-1, by majority decision in a closely contested ten-round bout. On January 22, 2016 Brant fought in the main event of a Showtime televised card, defeating 15-3-1 Decarlo Perez by knockout in round 4. The result was widely publicized, with commentators praising Brant as "outstanding," "a skilled boxer," and displaying "crushing power." Dan Rafael of ESPN praised Brant for his "titanic right hand...that annihilated Perez."  Brant's knockout of Perez was also featured on that evening's edition of SportsCenter's Top 10, and later was listed as number 6 on ESPN's 2016 Knockouts of the Year.  The win gave Brant a 19-0 record with 12 wins by knockout. On April 15, 2016, Brant improved to 20-0 with a knockout of Delray Raines in a fight that lasted just 55 seconds. Brant earned another early-round knockout on August 5th, making quick work of Chris Fitzpatrick. ESPN named Brant one of its Top 20 Rising Stars of professional boxing in an article published on December 29th, 2016. With a record of 21-0, Brant's next scheduled fight is on January 20th, 2017 against George Carter Jr.
- "USA Boxing - Features, Events, Results | Team USA". usaboxing.org. Retrieved 2016-06-21.
- "Robert Brant - Amateur Boxing Record". boxing-scoop.com. Retrieved 2016-06-21.
- "Live From Ringside". livefromringside.com. Retrieved 2016-06-21.
- "Robert Brant Wins National Golden Gloves | The Fistic Mystic". fisticmystic.wordpress.com. Retrieved 2016-06-21.
- "Scorecard: Danny Garcia wins, sets up another big fight". espn.go.com. Retrieved 2016-06-21.
- "2016 ESPN.com KO of the year". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2017-01-09.
- "BoxRec - Rob Brant". boxrec.com. Retrieved 2016-06-21.
|This biographical article related to an American boxer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|