Robert C. Miller
|Robert C. Miller|
|Service/branch||United States Army Air Forces
United States Air Force
|Years of service||1942–1965|
|Robert C. Miller|
|Institutions||USAAF, USAF, federal civil service, consultant|
|Known for||Tornado and convective storm forecasting|
|Influences||Harry Kirkpatrick, Henry Diekmann, Don McNeal, Ernest Fawbush, Franz Baur|
|Notable awards||Meisinger Award|
Col. Robert C. Miller, USAF (1920–1998), was an American meteorologist, who pioneered severe convective storms forecasting and applied research, developing an empirical forecasting method, identifying many features associated with severe thunderstorms, a forecast checklist and manuals, and is known for the first official tornado forecast (1948 Tinker Air Force Base tornadoes), and it verified, in 1948. 
- Crisp, Charlie A.; R. Maddox (1999). "Remembering Col. Robert Miller". Storm Track. 22 (3): 3–7.
- Lewis, John M.; R. A. Maddox; C. A. Crisp (April 2006). "Architect Of Severe Storm Forecasting: Colonel Robert C. Miller". Bull. Am. Meteorol. Soc. 87 (4): 447–63. Bibcode:2006BAMS...87..447L. doi:10.1175/BAMS-87-4-447.
- Grice, G. K.; R. J. Trapp; S. F. Corfidi; R. Davies-Jones; C. C. Buonanno; J. P. Craven; K. K. Droegemeier; C. Duchon; J. V. Houghton; R. A. Prentice; G. Romine; K. Schlachter; K. K. Wagner (July 1999). "The Golden Anniversary Celebration of the First Tornado Forecast". Bull. Am. Meteorol. Soc. 80 (7): 1341–1348. Bibcode:1999BAMS...80.1341G. doi:10.1175/1520-0477(1999)080<1341:TGACOT>2.0.CO;2.
- Miller, Robert C.; C. A. Crisp (August 1999). "The First Operational Tornado Forecast Twenty Million to One". Weather Forecast. 14 (4): 479–483. Bibcode:1999WtFor..14..479M. doi:10.1175/1520-0434(1999)014<0479:TFOTFT>2.0.CO;2.
- Maddox, Robert (1999). "Working with Col M". Storm Track. 22 (3).
- Golden Anniversary of Tornado Forecasting (National Severe Storms Laboratory)
- The Historic Forecast (National Weather Service, Norman, OK)
- 1948 prediction spurs tornado forecasting (USA Today)
|This article about an American scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article about a climatologist or meteorologist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|