Robert Carson (baseball)
Bridgeport Bluefish – No. 37
January 23, 1989 |
|May 18, 2012 for the New York Mets|
(through 2013 season)
|Earned run average||6.82|
Robert Carson (born January 23, 1989) is an American professional baseball pitcher for the Bridgeport Bluefish of the Atlantic League of Professional Baseball. He has played in Major League Baseball for the New York Mets.
New York Mets
The New York Mets drafted Carson in the 14th round of the 2007 MLB Draft out of Hattiesburg High School. He started the 2012 season with the Class-AA Binghamton Mets of the Eastern League. The Mets first promoted him to the majors on April 24, but he didn't make an appearance before he was sent back to Binghamton. On May 17, Carson was recalled back to New York, and D. J. Carrasco was designated for assignment. Carson made his major league debut on May 18, 2012, when he pitched a scoreless inning of relief against the Toronto Blue Jays in a 14-5 Mets loss.
Carson started the 2013 season with the Triple-A Las Vegas 51s, and was called up by the Mets on April 21 when Aaron Laffey was designated for assignment. In June 2013, Carson was sent down again to Triple-A Las Vegas. In parts of two seasons with the Mets, he pitched in 31 games with a 6.82 ERA.
Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim
Carson was claimed off waivers by the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim on October 17, 2013. He pitched in 14 games for the AAA Salt Lake Bees and was 0-1 with a 10.34 ERA. The Angels released him on May 10, 2014.
Los Angeles Dodgers
Carson signed a minor league deal with the Los Angeles Dodgers on May 17, 2014 and was assigned to the AA Chattanooga Lookouts. He had a 2.12 ERA in 11 appearances for the Lookouts and was then promoted to the AAA Albuquerque Isotopes, where he was 2-5 with a 5.40 ERA in 18 appearances. He remained with the Dodgers and received a non-roster invite to Major League spring training for 2015. That spring training invitation was rescinded when Carson received a 50-game suspension for violating baseball's drug policy by testing positive for a drug of abuse. He was released by the Dodgers in June.
Carson signed with the Bridgeport Bluefish on June 16, 2015.
- Carson in a groove at Class A Savannah | mets.com: News
- B-Mets deep with prospects, expectations | Press & Sun-Bulletin | pressconnects.com
- Mets put Jason Bay, Mike Pelfrey on DL; Zach Lutz, Robert Carson promoted | The Ithaca Journal | theithacajournal.com
- Robert Carson recalled
- "Mets send first baseman Ike Davis to Triple-A Las Vegas". NY Daily News. Retrieved 9 June 2013.
- Weisman, Jon (January 9, 2015). "Arruebarrena, Seager, Urias among 17 non-roster Spring Training invitees". dodgers.com. Retrieved January 9, 2015.
- Stephen, Eric (January 27, 2015). "Robert Carson, Theo Alexander suspended 50 games for positive drug test". truebluela.com. Retrieved January 27, 2015.
- Eddy, Matt (June 7, 2015). "Minor League Transactions: May 29-June 4". Baseball America. Retrieved June 10, 2015.