Newfoundland and Labrador
|Notable works||Afterimage, Butler's Marsh, Tempting Providence|
Robert Chafe (born 1971) is a Canadian playwright, whose play Afterimage won the Governor General's Award for English language drama at the 2010 Governor General's Awards. He was previously nominated for the same award at the 2004 Governor General's Awards for his plays Butler's Marsh and Tempting Providence.
His other plays have included Place of First Light (cowritten with Sean Panting), Charismatic Death Scenes, Belly Up, Emptygirl, Oil and Water, Isle des Demons, Lemons, One Foot Wet, Signals, Under Wraps and Vive La Rose. He has won numerous Newfoundland and Labrador Arts and Letters Awards, and was named 1998 Emerging Artist of the Year by the Newfoundland and Labrador Arts Council.
- Robert Chafe. Waterfront Views: Contemporary Writing of Atlantic Canada.
- "Regina's Dianne Warren wins Gov-Gen Award for ‘Cool Water’". The Globe and Mail, November 16, 2010.
- Robert Chafe at the Playwrights Guild of Canada.
- Robert Chafe at doollee.com.
- "You're Not From Here: Place and Identity in Newfoundland Drama". Michael Devine, Acadia University.
|This article about a Canadian writer or poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|