Robert Cheeke in competition (2009).
|Born||March 2, 1980|
Corvallis, Oregon, U.S.
|Height||6 ft 0 in / 182.88 cm|
|Weight||Contest: 180-185 lb (81.5-84 kg) Off season: 200 lb (91 kg)|
|Best win||INBA Northwestern USA Natural Bodybuilding Overall Novice Championship, 2005|
Robert Cheeke (born March 2, 1980 in Corvallis, Oregon) is an American bodybuilder, motivational speaker, and author. He is a vegan activist and spends his time touring the United States for speaking engagements and book promotions. He also runs a fitness site, Vegan Bodybuilding and Fitness, and serves as an endorser for Sequel Naturals as well as their National Event Coordinator for the United States.
Cheeke is the co-founder of C-VEG, a Corvallis-based Vegan group, a former Board Member for non-profit groups OrganicAthlete and Northwest VEG in Portland, and the founder and president of Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness.
Robert Cheeke was born in Corvallis, Oregon on March 2, 1980. He grew up on a farm, and cites his positive childhood experiences interacting with the farm's animals as the source of compassion that would later lead him to embrace veganism. At age 15, Cheeke made the transition to veganism and began organizing animal rights events at Corvallis High School including the initiation of recycling programs and providing vegan meals to those in need with Food Not Bombs.
Cheeke began his athletic career as a cross country runner for Oregon State University in 1999 but soon developed an interest in weight lifting and strength training. He became a competitive bodybuilder the following year in 2000. Five years later, in 2005 Cheeke won the title of INBA Northwestern USA Natural Bodybuilding Overall Novice Champion. In the following years he competed in the Natural Bodybuilding World Championships in 2006, and the Northwestern USA Natural Bodybuilding Championships in 2009 (where he took first place in his class).
In 2006 he released Vegan Fitness: Built Naturally, a documentary about himself and two other vegan athletes, Brendan Brazier and Tonya Kay. He was voted one of VegNews magazine's "15 most influential vegan athletes". Cheeke has appeared in a TV commercial for PETA, and has been on a number of television news shows and radio interviews.
- 2005 INBA Northwestern USA Natural Bodybuilding Overall Novice Championship
- 2006 Natural Bodybuilding World Championships
- 2009 Northwestern USA Natural Bodybuilding Championships - 1st in class
- Robert Cheeke – Vegan Fitness: Built Naturally (2006)
- Robert Cheeke - Vegan Brothers in Iron (2010)
- Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness – The Complete Guide to Building Your Body on a Plant Based Diet (2010)
- Shred it (2014)
- Plant-Based Muscle (2017), eBook
- "Vega Ambassador | My Vega". Sequelnaturals.com. Archived from the original on August 30, 2009. Retrieved 2012-03-20.
-  Archived September 22, 2009, at the Wayback Machine
- "List Of Vegan Athletes". Bestveganguide.com. Retrieved 2012-03-20.
- "Robert: Why I Choose to Be Vegetarian". Peta Tv. Retrieved 2012-03-20.
- "Show #60 - Vegan Bodybuilder Robert Cheeke". Vegan Radio. 2008-07-03. Retrieved 2012-03-20.
- "Lean, Mean Meat-Free Machine". Wweek.com. 2008-07-16. Retrieved 2012-03-20.
- "Ambassador Robert Cheeke featured in Organic Lifestyle Magazine!". Sequelnaturals.com. 2008-07-20. Retrieved 2012-03-20.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Robert Cheeke|