|Robert Claude Simpson-Anderson
SSAS SD SM MMM SAN (Rtd)
4 July 1942|
Pretoria, South Africa
|Service/branch||South African Navy|
|Relations||Geesje Jacobs (wife)|
He joined the Navy in 1964 and completed a BMil. In 1977 he commanded the Navy's first Strike Craft, SAS Jan Smuts. In 1978 he completed an MBL via Unisa. In 1984 he became the OC of SAS Scorpion, the Strike Craft Flotilla and in 1986 as a Commodore, the Officer Commanding of the South African Military Academy in Saldhana. At the end of 1990 he was promoted to Rear Admiral and posted as Chief of Naval Support.
Awards and Decorations
- Star of South Africa, Silver (SSAS)
- Southern Cross Medal (SM)
- Military Merit Medal (MMM)
- Good Service Medal, Gold (30 Years)
- Good Service Medal, Silver (20 Years)
- Good Service Medal, Bronze (10 Years)
- Uys, Ian (1992). South African Military Who's Who 1452-1992. Fortress Publishers. ISBN 0-9583173-3-X.
- Englebrecht, Leon (21 January 2010). "Fact file: Chiefs of the South African Navy". DefenceWeb. Retrieved 6 December 2014.
- "Vlootman neem bevel oor" [Navy man takes over command]. Die Burger (in Afrikaans). 30 January 1987. Retrieved 21 March 2015.
- November 26, 1990. "Vloot-steun kry nuwe hoof" [Fleet support gets new head]. Die Burger (in Afrikaans). Retrieved October 6, 2014.
- Lötter, Francois (August 6, 1992). "Simpson-Anderson word nuwe Hoof van die Vloot" [Simpson-Anderson becomes new Chief of the Navy]. Beeld (in Afrikaans). Retrieved October 6, 2014.
|Chief of the South African Navy
1992 – 2000
|Chief of Naval Support
1989 – 1990
|Commandant of the South African Military Academy
1986 – 1989
Fred du Toit
|This biographical article related to the South African military is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|